Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

SEE ! Now,,, there's a friend !

LOL

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Smaller? Talking more? Don't have the smudges on their face, which BTW the ones I got from beaglady don't seem to have?

3. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Feel better please!

4. Ray from PA

Muscovies are large meat ducks,,, Bantam Call Ducks are much smaller and come in a variety of colors and color patterns,,,, some looking somewhat like Mallards others being Black and white or Gray/Blue and White or Solid White,,,, the better bred ones are very small and very round looking,,,,, quite comical little ducks also, can be very entertaining....

And yes,,,, call ducks are very vocal,,, they "CALL" to you everytime they see you come out of the house,,,,even if they don't need anything,,, can be very friendly too

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  5. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Thanks for the info....trying to decide what I actually want...vs what I have...

6. Ray from PA

I only have one blue hen and not ready to part with her,,, I may have a black hen or two that I would let go,,,, in the process of regrouping and switching birds around,,, not what stays and who goes yet,,, but,, i do have several black hens, maybe too many,,, some are very nice !

We had no trouble with their feet once we put them on wire,,, you use small mesh,,, just big enough for their very wet little poo's to go through,,, think everyone, including them is much happier that way,,,,, I couldn't believe how much dirtier ducklings are than chicks..... they can make a pen wet and stinky in a matter of minutes,,,, they definitely force you to become creative and come up with alternative ways to brood them,,,,, next year will be a snap compares to what I went through this past spring.....

s

7. Ray from PA

Missy,,, you're quite welcome.

Sally,,, feel better soon !

Wingstone,,, you could have picked up some nice LF pullets at Green Dragon last night,,, had a couple nice Austrolorps and some nice heavy chocolate colored layers too,,, went for around $8 to $10 each,,,, some were very nice clean birds.

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Send them on over, lol!

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Post some pics Ray!!

10. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

I didn't buy anything, sold one of my bantam columbian wyandotte roos. I was sitting in the front row that is next to the auctioneer. The family beside me bought most of the dwarf bunnies if you noticed them. The girl had long white hair....
    Did you buy anything?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by