Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote:
welcome, i'm about an hour south of pittsburgh also, scottdale,
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
I'm not sure!

I went to the Fayette Co. Fairground yesterday. Picked up a cute 4 month Easter Egger hen. So, they'll have it again there this coming Sunday. It takes me well over an hour to get there. I like Murraysville TSC -- closer for me.

Take it easy man.

Jim

the murraysville one is waaaay closer, was there any quail at the fayette? odd question haha

I would like to try to get one at the kittanning tsc this year

I didn't see any quail myself. The one building was showing doves I think. There were a lot of different ones I would never even have imagined in there.

Hi Juli, Sharron & all

Well, my hubby does not have a lot of time, so he ordered a pretty good sized Amish Chicken coop. Tonight I put in an order for 14 baby chicks online. We will be getting some Barred P. Rocks, Rhode Island Reds. We have been reading up on how to care for the new peeps, but do you have any advice or tips for starting out?? We visited a local feed store and they sold their own starter mix......we have a few wks, but we are new to all of this. I did get some great books too.
smile.png
Thanks

Cherl

The only advice I have is; read, read, read! And if you have to catch a chicken wait til it roosts! haha I've only been a chicken owner for a week & a half! Seriously someone said 20 chickens were abandoned and needed a home, DH said "Juli wants chickens", Juli said "yes I do!" and made hubby go get the pick up truck and load them up that day!

Quote:
------- Hi Cheryl,
i do have a suggestion based on years of use in collies and poultry with excellent results. Go to Tractor Supply and buy the 10.00 bottle of Poultry-Nutri-Drops. Follow the directions for this concentrated nutritional supplement and add to their water. It helps stressed chicks and gives them the micronutrients they might be missing in their feed. Excellent stuff. Here's the website: http://www.bovidr.com/poultry.html One bottle should last you a year .
The science tech you get connected to when you call them is extremely knowledgeable.
Karen in Ligonier, PA

Last edited:
the most important thing for me is ALWAYS make sure your chicks are put in for the night and that nothing can get in to kill.
i have more trouble with coons than anything but thats enough, as soon as you think you've got all of them, here comes another.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom