Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Welbars are better layers than I expected. Blue Bear laid 5 days in a row after the first two eggs, although the one from yesterday is little too small :gig

Attachments

• 8B776143-A5EC-4CAA-AD24-FE9D0261EF2C.jpeg
    8B776143-A5EC-4CAA-AD24-FE9D0261EF2C.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 2
Hi all! Don’t know why, but I stopped getting notifications for this thread. I’m glad to be back.

My flock is finishing up treatment for a terrible roundworm attack. Heartbreaking and expensive, I will NOT neglect regular deworming in the future! My 12 Memorial Day pullets are SCREAMING to get outside, they are in my living room until the flock is finished deworming. My broody Cochin hatched 4 Easter Egger mixes, lost 1 at 2 weeks old (no apparent reason, just sudden death) and 1 at 3 1/2 weeks to a RACCOON 😡 that I think jumped out of a tree to land on my coop (20 feet below!). Daring bastard. Lost 2 of my Memorial Day pullets (I think to the same coon) and a 3rd was left with 1 leg. She is one amazing girl, she pumps her remaining leg every day to get stronger and lets nothing get her down! She might have to stay inside with me, but I feel so so blessed that she is alive! My Silkie/Cochin mixes are just finishing a brood fest, 6 chicks so far. 8 Bourbon Red turkey eggs in the bator, due to hatch 8/19. Hoping they survived the power outage. Dennis’s BC Marans pullet should start laying soon, probably about the same time the turkeys hatch. *Sigh* I guess that’s everything. Glad to see you all!

My beloved Sunflower🌻, the amputee pullet:
EB19BB8D-5324-4C59-B9AE-73DB41E1CE91.jpeg

3 of my 6 just-hatched baby Silkie/Cochins, going to their new home tomorrow:
11ABAD89-8D70-46EE-BEA3-E487117B916D.jpeg

Babies with one of their Mommas: (She was VERY pissed to lose them, but I can’t risk keeping them with that raccoon around)
93F22544-9FDD-4B99-AB08-7585AB1854EC.jpeg

One of them was splayed leg. Easy treatment, it’s doing better already!
1088A5E9-AEC0-4261-A941-01473FA03699.jpeg

One of my pullets, so ready to go outside!!
B0A92EED-DE54-4F61-9114-51DB9CC1C4EA.jpeg

Hi all! Don’t know why, but I stopped getting notifications for this thread. I’m glad to be back.

My flock is finishing up treatment for a terrible roundworm attack. Heartbreaking and expensive, I will NOT neglect regular deworming in the future! My 12 Memorial Day pullets are SCREAMING to get outside, they are in my living room until the flock is finished deworming. My broody Cochin hatched 4 Easter Egger mixes, lost 1 at 2 weeks old (no apparent reason, just sudden death) and 1 at 3 1/2 weeks to a RACCOON 😡 that I think jumped out of a tree to land on my coop (20 feet below!). Daring bastard. Lost 2 of my Memorial Day pullets (I think to the same coon) and a 3rd was left with 1 leg. She is one amazing girl, she pumps her remaining leg every day to get stronger and lets nothing get her down! She might have to stay inside with me, but I feel so so blessed that she is alive! My Silkie/Cochin mixes are just finishing a brood fest, 6 chicks so far. 8 Bourbon Red turkey eggs in the bator, due to hatch 8/19. Hoping they survived the power outage. Dennis’s BC Marans pullet should start laying soon, probably about the same time the turkeys hatch. *Sigh* I guess that’s everything. Glad to see you all!

My beloved Sunflower🌻, the amputee pullet:
View attachment 2282760
3 of my 6 just-hatched baby Silkie/Cochins, going to their new home tomorrow:
View attachment 2282765
Babies with one of their Mommas: (She was VERY pissed to lose them, but I can’t risk keeping them with that raccoon around)
View attachment 2282775
One of them was splayed leg. Easy treatment, it’s doing better already!
View attachment 2282778
One of my pullets, so ready to go outside!!
View attachment 2282780
She's beautiful

Hello from Indiana County! We will be getting our chicks in Feb-Mar of 2021 I have been searching trying to sorce out grains to make my own feed. No such luck. I have settled on Homestead Harvest Non GMO Soy Free. It is 45 minutes away at about $20 for 40# bag. Anyone else have a good sorce of Non GMO Whole grain feeds?

Hello from Indiana County! We will be getting our chicks in Feb-Mar of 2021 I have been searching trying to sorce out grains to make my own feed. No such luck. I have settled on Homestead Harvest Non GMO Soy Free. It is 45 minutes away at about $20 for 40# bag. Anyone else have a good sorce of Non GMO Whole grain feeds?
Tractor supply has organic feed at a reasonable price. I thinking it’s also about $20 for 40lb, but it’s processed. I order new country organic food online. $28 for 50lb, but shipping is $20.

Back
Top Bottom