Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So i know this is a long shot but i'm trying to re-home a roo. i believe he is a blue orpington. He is about 14 weeks old. i would usually just cull him, but he is so laid back and fantastic with my children that i figured i'd give him a chance. Our neighbors petitioned our township because of the noise (even though their dog is chained outside and barks all hours of the night) or i would without a doubt keep him. Anyway, if anyone is in need of a friendly roo in the area i can drop him off or you are more than welcome to come see him. Thanks! rooster2.jpg

Last edited:
Give a SHOUT!!
ya.gif

list
----------
Tonini3059
Scoop
Howipinchapenny
SunAngel
ChickyLuara
Kbarret
dirtybug
Whenchickensdream
Cjexotic
Buugette
Bwhite28
Azulegg
19hhbelgian
Jennh
Joerobscatfarm
Redsullivan
Gallorojo
QuailHollowP&P
RhodeRunner
QuailQT
Azuiechicken
Captianmoose
Bantam Bodon
Lovemyfeatheredfriends
Brandibaby23
1/2DozenWings
Happymedium
FLF
Chaugg
Murano Farms
Jeni51
Stina
Zaylinda
Duckncover
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
Poconos - NorthEast :ya

Look who is the lap chicken :love
Candy decided to fly on my lap and stay with me for a half hour. I was quite surprised, because she was really skittish when I got her. Now she’s always being close to me. This is the first time she sat on my lap though.

She could be a very sweet girl :) Her grandmother was super affectionate. She would snuggle in for a hug and just close her eyes. She was more interested in getting love and attention than she was the food in the morning lol. I know I have a picture of her somewhere, in full love form but it's too early to try to find it lol

How about some pictures from work? I've been at my new job now for about 2 months....I LOVE it! I'm doing a lot of cleaning bathrooms, emptying trash and painting but it's all outside, all day. Very relaxed and the scenery can't be beat! I'll take this over walmart, any day!

20200823_071011.jpg
20200822_095929.jpg
20200819_101537.jpg
20200807_083442.jpg
20200718_062225.jpg
20200714_084228.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all! Don’t know why, but I stopped getting notifications for this thread. I’m glad to be back.

My flock is finishing up treatment for a terrible roundworm attack. Heartbreaking and expensive, I will NOT neglect regular deworming in the future! My 12 Memorial Day pullets are SCREAMING to get outside, they are in my living room until the flock is finished deworming. My broody Cochin hatched 4 Easter Egger mixes, lost 1 at 2 weeks old (no apparent reason, just sudden death) and 1 at 3 1/2 weeks to a RACCOON 😡 that I think jumped out of a tree to land on my coop (20 feet below!). Daring bastard. Lost 2 of my Memorial Day pullets (I think to the same coon) and a 3rd was left with 1 leg. She is one amazing girl, she pumps her remaining leg every day to get stronger and lets nothing get her down! She might have to stay inside with me, but I feel so so blessed that she is alive! My Silkie/Cochin mixes are just finishing a brood fest, 6 chicks so far. 8 Bourbon Red turkey eggs in the bator, due to hatch 8/19. Hoping they survived the power outage. Dennis’s BC Marans pullet should start laying soon, probably about the same time the turkeys hatch. *Sigh* I guess that’s everything. Glad to see you all!
I lost a lot of good birds to a family of coons this summer. They figured out where the wire was getting loose and took out all of my Copper Marans! Also killed my trio of Golden Pheasants. I demanded blood for those losses. Using a Dog Proof Trap baited only with mini marshmallows, I took out a family of 7 coons (2 very large ones and 5 of their teenage babies).
I highly recommend those Dog Proof traps. I bought mine on eBay. Only thing is, they are a leg-hold type trap, so you have to dispatch the coons when you catch them, and drowning is not an option, like in a wire box trap. A gun would be ideal, but a 6 ft long "digging iron" across the head also works and is probably more humane than drowning.
No losses to coons since then, but it is prime territory here and I know another family will move in before winter. I only trap right next to the chickens, so it they don't take a shine to my poultry, they will be safe.

I need an adult! :oops:
You know we’re having yet another storm. Well, I just saw (and heard the sizzle) electricity in the house. It looked like it was coming from the window frame, but it’s covered in plastic sheeting (I never took it off after last winter), and it’s not singed. The three way light works, and I don’t see a singed outlet.
So, what happened?

She could be a very sweet girl :) Her grandmother was super affectionate. She would snuggle in for a hug and just close her eyes. She was more interested in getting love and attention than she was the food in the morning lol. I know I have a picture of her somewhere, in full love form but it's too early to try to find it lol

How about some pictures from work? I've been at my new job now for about 2 months....I LOVE it! I'm doing a lot of cleaning bathrooms, emptying trash and painting but it's all outside, all day. Very relaxed and the scenery can't be beat! I'll take this over walmart, any day!

View attachment 2309360View attachment 2309361View attachment 2309362View attachment 2309363View attachment 2309364View attachment 2309365
Amazing pictures!
She acts just like her grandma, and is more interested in love than food. :love Is she a bantom or large fowl? She is so small comparing to my other chickens. I think I got her quite spoiled: She wouldn't eat mealworms unless I hand feed her. Because other girls always chase her away, I have to hold her up to feed her. Every day I came home, I also hand feed her chicken feed to make sure she gets enough food. She is the lowest one in peking order and got bullied a lot.

Back
Top Bottom