Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I need an adult! :oops:
You know we’re having yet another storm. Well, I just saw (and heard the sizzle) electricity in the house. It looked like it was coming from the window frame, but it’s covered in plastic sheeting (I never took it off after last winter), and it’s not singed. The three way light works, and I don’t see a singed outlet.
So, what happened?
Maybe lighting striking a wire.
Ive had lighting come in through my cable and hit a model car on the shelf above the TV.
Very scary :hitburnt the back end of my Lamborghini.

Amazing pictures!
She acts just like her grandma, and is more interested in love than food. :love Is she a bantom or large fowl? She is so small comparing to my other chickens. I think I got her quite spoiled: She wouldn't eat mealworms unless I hand feed her. Because other girls always chase her away, I have to hold her up to feed her. Every day I came home, I also hand feed her chicken feed to make sure she gets enough food. She is the lowest one in peking order and got bullied a lot.

She's LF but may be in the smaller side. Especially if she's getting bullied away from food. She's definitely not done growing but I don't think she'll get all that big either. She sounds just like her grandma... very mellow.

One of Shirley and Clyde's chicks looks just like them. Regular chicken feathers. One of them is really fuzzy feathered. Is that normal? Looks like a dandelion poof, since it's a lav Ameracauna.

One of Shirley and Clyde's chicks looks just like them. Regular chicken feathers. One of them is really fuzzy feathered. Is that normal? Looks like a dandelion poof, since it's a lav Ameracauna.
If the lavender Ameraucana came from me, then it is a silkied Ameraucana. There is an old message thread about them if you search for it. Also a group on FaceBook that is a little more active, but mostly people looking for them (unsuccessfully). I find them too challenging to try to maintain as a population, but the gene is present in my flock and being recessive, just pops up from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom