Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Blarneyeggs

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 22, 2011
Southeast PA
Anyone doing the New Years Day hatch along? I believe eggs get set today.

@OneMountainAcres Thank you, dear. 😘 Love the chicken decal! I just heard about Cricuts a few months ago. Very cool! Which one did you get? I thought you lived in the middle of the state...? I’m an hour south east of Philly.

OneMountainAcres

Smothered in Feathers
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
May 14, 2013
Central, PA
Anyone doing the New Years Day hatch along? I believe eggs get set today.

@OneMountainAcres Thank you, dear. 😘 Love the chicken decal! I just heard about Cricuts a few months ago. Very cool! Which one did you get? I thought you lived in the middle of the state...? I’m an hour south east of Philly.

I set eggs! I did turkey eggs since a few girls started laying early for me. I have silkie eggs in the bait now, due on Christmas day. I'll be setting more tomorrow. Those are mostly a fertility test to see if my young roos are doing their thing yet.

I got the Cricut Maker. I also just heard about them a couple months ago (From someone on BYC even) and I'm glad I got mine when I did. The Makers are sold out EVERYWHERE! I'm having a ton of fun with it right now but it's mostly for cutting my saddles out for me.

I do live in the middle... about an hour and a half from Pittsburgh. I swore it was bullchick that put that up for some reason, even though it's always you that uses blue writing lol. I'm only like an hour from her. I must've been a bit out of it yesterday lol

Last edited:
Anyone interested in 2 pairs of silkies? I have a grey pair and a white pair. The grey girl is already laying eggs and has a straight comb. The white girl hasn't started to lay and has an extra toe on each foot.
20201129_175711.jpg
20201129_174526.jpg
20201129_175847.jpg
FB_IMG_1606694263200.jpg
I am in Swiftwater Pa 18370. PM me for details.

TillyPeeps

Songster
5 Years
Oct 13, 2015
Central PA
I’m still at one egg, but it’s almost daily. I assume it’s the same pullet. The eggs are pretty big and consistently sized for a beginner, I’m impressed. I’m still keeping a stash, but at 7, I can finally eat them without worrying I won’t have anything for a broody. I also need to ask Rural King if they are still getting poultry through the winter despite Covid making shopping erratic.

I also only have one chicken laying now. It's the sweet Polkie girl from OneMountainAcres. She lays about every other day now. However, she sometimes lays two eggs per day! One day, I found 3 eggs from her! I wasn't sure if one of the 3 eggs from the day before or not. But I search every corner of the coop almost every day to avoid frozen eggs. And she always lays at the same spot. It's hard to believe that I would miss the eggs 3 days in a roll. It seems if it's cold, she would hold on her eggs until she couldn't hold anymore, then she layed them together. Silly girl!

OneMountainAcres

Smothered in Feathers
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
May 14, 2013
Central, PA
I also only have one chicken laying now. It's the sweet Polkie girl from OneMountainAcres. She lays about every other day now. However, she sometimes lays two eggs per day! One day, I found 3 eggs from her! I wasn't sure if one of the 3 eggs from the day before or not. But I search every corner of the coop almost every day to avoid frozen eggs. And she always lays at the same spot. It's hard to believe that I would miss the eggs 3 days in a roll. It seems if it's cold, she would hold on her eggs until she couldn't hold anymore, then she layed them together. Silly girl!

She seems like such a silly girl! Next year's polkies may be a different color. The 2 silkie hens Nigel (polish) is getting this year are almost white with grey hackles and hints of red in their feathers. I don't know where the red came from but I can't use them in my BBS being pen. Since they're so cute through, they'll get to be polkie moms :)

Top Bottom