Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

TillyPeeps

Songster
5 Years
Oct 13, 2015
Central PA
She seems like such a silly girl! Next year's polkies may be a different color. The 2 silkie hens Nigel (polish) is getting this year are almost white with grey hackles and hints of red in their feathers. I don't know where the red came from but I can't use them in my BBS being pen. Since they're so cute through, they'll get to be polkie moms :)

Sounds exicting! I cannot wait to see what is the new chicks look like. Just let me know when you get enough eggs for a large hatch, then we can get the vaccine ready. :D

dheltzel

Crowing
7 Years
Nov 30, 2013
Pottstown, PA
Sounds exicting! I cannot wait to see what is the new chicks look like. Just let me know when you get enough eggs for a large hatch, then we can get the vaccine ready. :D
Where do you buy your Mareks vaccine? It is quite expensive, esp with shipping. I'm hoping to find a local source with all the animal health supply places around Lancaster county.

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop in zone 5
I kinda see a bear. :lol:
6682DE97-454A-4554-838B-A76C5BC1D32E.jpeg

TillyPeeps

Songster
5 Years
Oct 13, 2015
Central PA
When I opened the gate of chicken run and was changing their water today, there was a hawk attacking girls in front of me! We usually had lots of ravens chancing hawks away, but they are not here when it’s cold. This is the first hawk attack I ever had. The girls saw the hawk before me and ran under deck. I put them back to run. It’s such a nice day for them to go out! :rant
And it must scared eggs out of Sun! She laid 3 eggs in a day again after 2 days of break! :gig

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop in zone 5
We were outside for several hours. I opened the coop for the birds to free range too. I also wanted them to enjoy the last of the warmth. Meat Loaf never comes out out, and has two hens that mostly stay in with him. Jim on the other hand takes forever to remember how to get back in. :smack
We watched the storm clouds chase away our warmth, and felt a few sprinkles of rain. As soon as I walked down to check food and water before the downpour, they ran inside to see what I was bringing. :lol: Well, except Jim. I nudged him in, walked up to Duckling, and the clouds passed.

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop in zone 5
I really am an idiot. I forgot how telling combs are until yesterday. Not only do I know who has been laying, I know it was in fact an adult that passed away in October. I can’t believe I didn’t think to check comb sizes before. One pullet actually doesn’t have a visible comb yet.

Top Bottom