Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I’m still at one egg, but it’s almost daily. I assume it’s the same pullet. The eggs are pretty big and consistently sized for a beginner, I’m impressed. I’m still keeping a stash, but at 7, I can finally eat them without worrying I won’t have anything for a broody. I also need to ask Rural King if they are still getting poultry through the winter despite Covid making shopping erratic.

I also only have one chicken laying now. It's the sweet Polkie girl from OneMountainAcres. She lays about every other day now. However, she sometimes lays two eggs per day! One day, I found 3 eggs from her! I wasn't sure if one of the 3 eggs from the day before or not. But I search every corner of the coop almost every day to avoid frozen eggs. And she always lays at the same spot. It's hard to believe that I would miss the eggs 3 days in a roll. It seems if it's cold, she would hold on her eggs until she couldn't hold anymore, then she layed them together. Silly girl!

I also only have one chicken laying now. It's the sweet Polkie girl from OneMountainAcres. She lays about every other day now. However, she sometimes lays two eggs per day! One day, I found 3 eggs from her! I wasn't sure if one of the 3 eggs from the day before or not. But I search every corner of the coop almost every day to avoid frozen eggs. And she always lays at the same spot. It's hard to believe that I would miss the eggs 3 days in a roll. It seems if it's cold, she would hold on her eggs until she couldn't hold anymore, then she layed them together. Silly girl!

She seems like such a silly girl! Next year's polkies may be a different color. The 2 silkie hens Nigel (polish) is getting this year are almost white with grey hackles and hints of red in their feathers. I don't know where the red came from but I can't use them in my BBS being pen. Since they're so cute through, they'll get to be polkie moms :)

She seems like such a silly girl! Next year's polkies may be a different color. The 2 silkie hens Nigel (polish) is getting this year are almost white with grey hackles and hints of red in their feathers. I don't know where the red came from but I can't use them in my BBS being pen. Since they're so cute through, they'll get to be polkie moms :)

Sounds exicting! I cannot wait to see what is the new chicks look like. Just let me know when you get enough eggs for a large hatch, then we can get the vaccine ready. :D

Sounds exicting! I cannot wait to see what is the new chicks look like. Just let me know when you get enough eggs for a large hatch, then we can get the vaccine ready. :D
Where do you buy your Mareks vaccine? It is quite expensive, esp with shipping. I'm hoping to find a local source with all the animal health supply places around Lancaster county.

I kinda see a bear. :lol:
6682DE97-454A-4554-838B-A76C5BC1D32E.jpeg

When I opened the gate of chicken run and was changing their water today, there was a hawk attacking girls in front of me! We usually had lots of ravens chancing hawks away, but they are not here when it’s cold. This is the first hawk attack I ever had. The girls saw the hawk before me and ran under deck. I put them back to run. It’s such a nice day for them to go out! :rant
And it must scared eggs out of Sun! She laid 3 eggs in a day again after 2 days of break! :gig

Back
Top Bottom