Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We did have a family gathering at my sister's. I even got to see my granddaughter. We had all been quarantining/podding prior, so it was a calculated risk. Chickens are doing ok. Laverne and Shirley aren't laying at the moment but soon. Hazel - the only chick to survive - should start soon also. Cate is, well, Cate. Never did lay proper. The 3 new girls - Ernestine, Alberta, and Dolly - are laying nicely, so that's good. Clyde is a nice quiet roo. I'd love 2 or so of the Mottled Ameraucanas! Beautiful!

I’m still at one egg, but it’s almost daily. I assume it’s the same pullet. The eggs are pretty big and consistently sized for a beginner, I’m impressed. I’m still keeping a stash, but at 7, I can finally eat them without worrying I won’t have anything for a broody. I also need to ask Rural King if they are still getting poultry through the winter despite Covid making shopping erratic.

Anyone doing the New Years Day hatch along? I believe eggs get set today.

@OneMountainAcres Thank you, dear. 😘 Love the chicken decal! I just heard about Cricuts a few months ago. Very cool! Which one did you get? I thought you lived in the middle of the state...? I’m an hour south east of Philly.

Anyone doing the New Years Day hatch along? I believe eggs get set today.

@OneMountainAcres Thank you, dear. 😘 Love the chicken decal! I just heard about Cricuts a few months ago. Very cool! Which one did you get? I thought you lived in the middle of the state...? I’m an hour south east of Philly.

I set eggs! I did turkey eggs since a few girls started laying early for me. I have silkie eggs in the bait now, due on Christmas day. I'll be setting more tomorrow. Those are mostly a fertility test to see if my young roos are doing their thing yet.

I got the Cricut Maker. I also just heard about them a couple months ago (From someone on BYC even) and I'm glad I got mine when I did. The Makers are sold out EVERYWHERE! I'm having a ton of fun with it right now but it's mostly for cutting my saddles out for me.

I do live in the middle... about an hour and a half from Pittsburgh. I swore it was bullchick that put that up for some reason, even though it's always you that uses blue writing lol. I'm only like an hour from her. I must've been a bit out of it yesterday lol

Last edited:
Anyone interested in 2 pairs of silkies? I have a grey pair and a white pair. The grey girl is already laying eggs and has a straight comb. The white girl hasn't started to lay and has an extra toe on each foot.
20201129_175711.jpg
20201129_174526.jpg
20201129_175847.jpg
FB_IMG_1606694263200.jpg
I am in Swiftwater Pa 18370. PM me for details.

Back
Top Bottom