Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ok. Are you serious?? Do I have to chirp to them?? LOL!!

I always did when I used the incubator. The moms talk to them during this time to encourage them. When I would go to the bator and start saying. "c'mon little babies, you can do it" LOL They would respond by either chirping or becoming more active.

PentaMommmmmmaaaasita!!!!

guilty too of chirping into my bator holes like an old fool!!!!

they chirp back and get you hooked....

until you have dozens hatching and the entire house is rocking from newborn chick chirps!!! ITS LOUDDDDD!!!! but they settle down once broodered!!

Happy December!!

Pentamom~ do you have any chicks yet? We want to see pictures! I have 2 eggs in lockdown as of this morning. I have not been having a good hatch rate so I won't send you any of my vibes
he.gif

Sally has awesome vibes coming from her incubator
bow.gif

Chad didn't you have eggs in an incubator too? How are they doing?

Welcome to all the new folks.
welcome-byc.gif

Does anyone close to 17801 have any eggs for the NYD hatch? I am on the fence if I want to do it but thought I would ask you all if there were eggs available. Also if you live in 17315, my sister will be coming home from college on the 11th and could bring them to me.

Have a great day!!
LOL Fingers crossed!!

Chad should have some peeps soon!!!

My Roo is starting to ummm cough cough... lol but I dont think you want SLW x all my hens!!! But offer is there, I noticed that the eggs are starting to be bullseyed! so if you cant get any give me heads up, we get about 12 a day so far

wee.gif
This is me.
hide.gif
This is my flock.
The sand FINALLY got here last night. Just in time for the truck's back up beeper to draw the attention of the neighbors. When they finally left (after cleaning me out of eggs. My fault for saying yes, but ya do what you have to for a customer.) it was almost dark, and I had two tons of sand to get into the coop.
It took ten minutes for the first brave soul to make a mad dash through the sand, and another minute for the rest of the gang to follow suit. Then realize it is time for bed.
big_smile.png
18 chickens in a coop big enough for 12. It still has pine shavings, and that is where they said they were staying. Fifteen minutes later, I heard a frenzy of fluttering and thunking. Four birds has flown from the side coop onto the roosts of the main coop. They were in a heap, and the totem pole just looked at e like, "What? We like to pile up like this!"
lau.gif
By ten, ten brave chicks were roosting. Then thismorning ...
It took about ten minutes for the gang to venture through the sand to get outside. Most flew from the side coop, out. Some walked slowly, and carefully. Two hadn't moved from the roost, and just kept looking down, and outside.
Me? Well, I may still have to move another half ton of sand today, but here is why I am SOOOOOO happy! The poop really does just scoop up like cat litter! When I clean up my garden (another project for this weekend.
roll.png
) I can start tossing poop right in every day!
Ya know? It is a good thing I am done with the flu. I am definitely making up for all that time that I wasn't doing more than I had to!
LMAO!!!! you need to video tape!!! and yes update on that sand as ya go!!! so glad you feel better!!

LOL you go girl! these are my next dev eggs!! so cute!! people will REALLY know how nuts for chickens I am!!
ANY tips on FRESH HARDBOILED EGGS that clean right???????

Originally Posted by missydcpc

Today: Running out to get feed for the chickens/ducks, Running to the tailor to see if he can repair Fiancee's leather coat, then home to pick up Fiancee. Heading up to RoPo's to borrow one of her incubators for the NYD Hatchalong. Then home to make deviled eggs for a party over in Myerstown (no, not at Chad's....at least I don't think so! LOL)

Tomorrow: Kings Gap State Park for the Christmas Mansion Tour and then cut our Christmas tree (only doing it so early as this is the weekend step-daughter has all the kids) THEN home for a site survey, and dinner with friends.

I'm exhausted, and haven't even started!

Back
Top Bottom