Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Monday I will be starting a new job with a very interesting company, a commercial space operations center, ComSpOC. Ever wonder who tracks all the stuff that is orbiting the earth? This article explains it: https://www.forbes.com/sites/oracle...unk-while-circling-the-earth/?sh=455b4f1b596a

I'm excited about the company and the work I will be doing.

That sounds really cool! I hope you like it!

Everyone stay safe with this incoming ice storm! We have predictions here for anywhere from 1/4" to an inch of ice. Hopefully it's nowhere near that bad but we have the generator and gas for it plus a propane heater and 2 full canisters ready for the challenge.

Congrats on the new job, it does look really interesting! I hope it is everything you are hoping for!
Thank you!
This far east we hopefully get less ice and more just rain. Forecast is never very accurate when the temps are right at freezing. We have a gased up generator too, after the occasional outage in the past. Got to keep the incubators humming!
I'm starting to get eggs from my Leige Fighter pullets. They are massive birds. My oldest cockerel is the size of the turkey hens.

I think I've got to de-worm everybody. Not totally sure, because I haven't SEEN any worms, but I'm seeing poopy bums & eggs. My husband came home with Safeguard Fenbendazole in pellet form, which is all they had at TSC. Now I'm reading mixed things about it, but I'll do my best & chalk up another "first" as a chicken owner. Never a shortage of things to learn & research.

I think I've got to de-worm everybody. Not totally sure, because I haven't SEEN any worms, but I'm seeing poopy bums & eggs. My husband came home with Safeguard Fenbendazole in pellet form, which is all they had at TSC. Now I'm reading mixed things about it, but I'll do my best & chalk up another "first" as a chicken owner. Never a shortage of things to learn & research.

Worming sounds like a good plan, this time of year is tough on birds, everything is muddy, cold and wet, constantly puts stress on their defenses which makes them more susceptible to gut issues. Some level of worm load is almost a constant situation for birds but they handle it well, when other factors drag them down though they begin having problems.

Winter weather sucks, but there is still beauty to be found. I love the trees after a storm, even as I hate dealing with ice everywhere else.
20220225_100246.jpg
20220225_100257.jpg

20220227_132850.jpg

This cat (Hobo) was a feral we adopted from the campground last fall, took a month of feeding and soft talking before I could even touch him. Now he is a permanent fixture who happens to think he is a dog most of the time. Here he is using Mindys bed as an afternoon nap spot.
20220227_173112.jpg

So here is a pencil hen who we brought inside for a few days of Tylan shots and TLC since she had a respiratory infection of some type. Within 2 days she was feeling pretty good so she was allowed to roam a while each evening. She found the egg collection basket and was very offended that a nest of eggs was left unattended! So of course.... :lau

And finally, just because she looks so darned cute and innocent while napping (using Dillon as her pillow)...
20220302_080513.jpg

Winter weather sucks, but there is still beauty to be found. I love the trees after a storm, even as I hate dealing with ice everywhere else.
View attachment 3010808View attachment 3010809
View attachment 3010810
This cat (Hobo) was a feral we adopted from the campground last fall, took a month of feeding and soft talking before I could even touch him. Now he is a permanent fixture who happens to think he is a dog most of the time. Here he is using Mindys bed as an afternoon nap spot.
View attachment 3010811
So here is a pencil hen who we brought inside for a few days of Tylan shots and TLC since she had a respiratory infection of some type. Within 2 days she was feeling pretty good so she was allowed to roam a while each evening. She found the egg collection basket and was very offended that a nest of eggs was left unattended! So of course.... :lau

And finally, just because she looks so darned cute and innocent while napping (using Dillon as her pillow)...
View attachment 3010814

Aww! I love when you post all your pictures lol. Hobo is adorable! Sounds a lot like our Coco who just showed up last winter and started taking care of the mice around the coops. She took a long time to get used to us but She's now a perminant fixture in our screen porch and garage, she absolutely loves the dog and has started coming in the house for a few minutes here and there (usually when her food dish is empty). She's also the reason that we have 2 more house cats (Ivy and Ollie) because of course she had to get pregnant. She's fixed now so no more! Here she is, playing with Smores outside. She looks almost vicious in the picture but she's really an affectionate little thing that's usually snuggling with the dog. And of course, I had to put pictures of her spoiled rotten kids, inside (not the white one, he's our senior guy) lol

VideoCapture_20220302-091343.jpg

20220122_153250.jpg

20211202_172021.jpg

I would say that your hen is crazy but coming from your flock, it's not a surprise at all lol. She's so cute, and silly!

Back
Top Bottom