Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Here is my new electric fence! Girls have free ranged over a week and are much happier than before. And Kiwi was wounded by the fox and recovered really well. She has all her feathers back.

Attachments

• 9F104A7B-A42A-47C9-8E34-EC7ADEA1521E.jpeg
    9F104A7B-A42A-47C9-8E34-EC7ADEA1521E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 6D0883BA-68A4-47B6-88FD-7D8940FD5243.jpeg
    6D0883BA-68A4-47B6-88FD-7D8940FD5243.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 242087F7-3CA6-4E82-96CE-A870418FBC94.jpeg
    242087F7-3CA6-4E82-96CE-A870418FBC94.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
I just finished watching a Nature episode on PBS called "The Egg: Life's Perfect Invention". Extremely interesting and informative. I learned a great deal and have a new appreciation for what has seemed like a casual occurrence in my incubators. IDK if this link works to view it online, I saved it on my DVR, but if you can watch it, you really should!
https://www.pbs.org/video/the-incredible-egg-with-david-attenborough-8wn8ie/

No, I don't and I feel like I should know it. It was wild in the woods?
Yes, scattered all over hillside we walk in. The terrain shows in my walk pics, mature trees and not much undergrowth, there is a nice mix of plantain, princess pine (ground cedar?), ferns and a few very light patches of briars. There are no large blankets of these plants, sometimes a few in clusters but more often one or two. Gorgeous leaves made me wonder if it was a decorative yard plant transplanted by helpful birds or is a native to our zone.

In my township (Lower Paxton, PA) the chicken keeping ordinance was changed last year. I spoke with the leader of that change yesterday because I am hoping to have ducks added to the ordinance (I have a chicken egg allergy, but can eat duck eggs, and believe that our 1/2 acre would be sufficient for duck keeping). She recommended having a “duck expert” when the time comes to make my case for a change in the ordinance at the township meeting. A quick Google search revealed nothing. Any ideas where I can find a “duck expert” in PA that can provide support for keeping backyard ducks?? I honestly don’t even know what it means myself, but she gave the example of the Bee Keepers Association as a source for that. Just can’t find any waterfowl or duck keeping associations in PA. Thanks in advance!
I don’t think it’s helpful, but it might be. Tyrone changed their ordinance to include ducks last year. You might get advice by asking how they accomplished it.

Back
Top Bottom