Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Wow! Glad you got home safe, now lets see some pics of these Orps!
Missy!! Oh my.
3 yr old grandson(read: 35 lbs of energy & curiosity) is sleeping soundly. I need to hurry and feed n water everyone before he awakes and I have to play 'D' (read: prevent anymore tree UNdecorating & gift unwrapping).

Wait...was I supposed to be innocent? Oops.

My tree hasn't gone up yet...may have the 2 yo help me decorate today....And I don't know why we bother unwrapping...he's been in my room a dozen times trying to bring out and play with his new toys.

Chiques, I wanted to let you know all 3 Orps made it home safe and sound. Unfortunately, I did not. I thought after meeting you I would make it home around 1am Saturday morning. Rain and fog slowed me down as well as a 30 minute nap I absolutely had to stop for. Then around 1:47am approximately 40 miles from my exit off the turnpike, a tractor trailer flipped across both lanes. I sat in bumper to bumper traffic (eventually shutting the engine off and dozing along with everyone else) until 5am! I awoke to the sounds of all of the diesel engines starting up and we all carefully made our way around the motorists still sleeping in their cars.
smile.png
I made it home at 7am on Saturday morning and realized I drove 368 miles and used 14 hours of my life to pick up these 3 chickens.
lol.png
I must be crazy.
Oh My Gosh! At least you will have a story to go with those Chickies LOL!! That is crazy! But I am glad you all made it home safely~
Sorry if i made everyone hungry for sweets,but I really was making fudge yesterday.....I see everyone is doing chocolate, we are not chocolate fans
hide.gif
....and for the finale... this is a big pan of peanut butter fudge..
OMG~I'm coming over!!!
I have veining in my eggs. Definite veining!!!
fl.gif
I have 6 of my calico silkie project eggs in there. How in the world am I going to get through the next 2 weeks???
Me too!! Looks like we will be hatching around the same time! Out fo 18 I have 12 that seem viable right now. I'm trying not to check them everyday. It's so hard. LOL!
this seems to be a normal reaction when I pass on the chocolate,,,,,,,,Is it really that strange ??
no, Actually it's strange, when I ate meat, I'd eat chocolate like it was going out of style. Now, I don't crave it at all, but once a month. LOL! So I get my fix in then. (sorry TMI)
yuckyuck.gif

I just spit some of my coffee on the the keyboard!!
That makes 2 of us! LOL!! That was hysterical!

Me too!! Looks like we will be hatching around the same time! Out fo 18 I have 12 that seem viable right now. I'm trying not to check them everyday. It's so hard. LOL!
me too. Very hard!! These will be the first eggs to hatch
fl.gif
out of my calico pen. And I have a few of RoPo's eggs in there and my new LF cochins.

On the 17th, my egger eggs are set to ship. Why do I even try to say I am turning the incubator off??

I'm glad you at least were safe! I had a gut instinct the turnpike drive was going to be a rough one. I spent a few years driving a work crew all over the state and somehow geta feeling for when the drive is going to be bad. (maybe thats why I said be careful driving twice!)

me too. Very hard!! These will be the first eggs to hatch
fl.gif
out of my calico pen. And I have a few of RoPo's eggs in there and my new LF cochins.

On the 17th, my egger eggs are set to ship. Why do I even try to say I am turning the incubator off??
LOL! Seriously! LOL! I'm already planning my next coop build. LOL!! However, THOSE are for the boys. They are each getting 2 chickens as their own pets. LOL! I need somewhere to house them. LOL!! I'm thinking palate houses.

Back
Top Bottom