Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    What type of bator do you have? Some are usually duds, cooking them depends on the bator you have, and drafts in the room. If you have to many chicks in the brooder, you can always make it bigger! Try not to sweat it, its is such a fun experience!

2. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

You'll be fine! Just remember not to have a heat spike and kill all your babies like I had. :) You'll be fine! [​IMG]

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    In answer to the question....you'd have to ask RoPo, she loaned it to me. Square styrofoam box with an air circulator and 2 plastic windows. I'm only setting my backyard mixes.....so that's why i'm worried that they're all duds....I've checked for fertility and it's kinda all over the place. And it's not the size so much as....I know, I know, there can never be too many chickens...but I'm wondering how indulgent my Fiancee can really be!

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Yay! You have brothers and sisters to my babies!!

[​IMG]

5. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    YEP! I see a bigger brooder in my future.... my immediate future!

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Ok....so you get olive eggers by putting dark egg layer over green egg layer, right? What do you get if you have the revers? My EE roo over my Marans Hen?

Also...if you have Wellies...you can sex at day old by the eye liner....but what if it's not a pure wellie? My Wellie hen with any of my roos over them?

7. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Ray was talking about the dark over the green and blue eggs. Whether you can get a green egg with the dark brown pigment over it before.

8. chickencowranch

chickencowranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Mt Wolf, Pa
    My Coop
    I have one coop with 7 hens and one roo. It's the perfect size. If I decide to get more chicks in the spring, I'll get or build a coop. Perhaps a pallet coop like Sally. Maybe.

9. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

@Chad & Becky....I am a little nervous. I have Dr. Aliza coming over tomorrow to my house to do the blood draw/swabbing with me. Literally have butterflies in my stomach. How hard was it to learn the blood draw????

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Good luck tomorrow!!

Had to share this picture. All from RoPo's eggs. The LF and the blue bantam are hers and the 3 white bantams are mine [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by