Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

What type of bator do you have? Some are usually duds, cooking them depends on the bator you have, and drafts in the room. If you have to many chicks in the brooder, you can always make it bigger! Try not to sweat it, its is such a fun experience!
Sorry...terrified of hatching......you all made it sound fun....but I'm convinced I'm going to a. have a bator full of duds. b. cook all the babies or c. have WAY too many chicks in my brooder

Sorry...terrified of hatching......you all made it sound fun....but I'm convinced I'm going to a. have a bator full of duds. b. cook all the babies or c. have WAY too many chicks in my brooder!
You'll be fine! Just remember not to have a heat spike and kill all your babies like I had. :) You'll be fine!
hugs.gif

In answer to the question....you'd have to ask RoPo, she loaned it to me. Square styrofoam box with an air circulator and 2 plastic windows. I'm only setting my backyard mixes.....so that's why i'm worried that they're all duds....I've checked for fertility and it's kinda all over the place. And it's not the size so much as....I know, I know, there can never be too many chickens...but I'm wondering how indulgent my Fiancee can really be!

Ok....so you get olive eggers by putting dark egg layer over green egg layer, right? What do you get if you have the revers? My EE roo over my Marans Hen?

Also...if you have Wellies...you can sex at day old by the eye liner....but what if it's not a pure wellie? My Wellie hen with any of my roos over them?

Ok....so you get olive eggers by putting dark egg layer over green egg layer, right? What do you get if you have the revers? My EE roo over my Marans Hen?
Also...if you have Wellies...you can sex at day old by the eye liner....but what if it's not a pure wellie? My Wellie hen with any of my roos over them?
Ray was talking about the dark over the green and blue eggs. Whether you can get a green egg with the dark brown pigment over it before.

@Chad & Becky....I am a little nervous. I have Dr. Aliza coming over tomorrow to my house to do the blood draw/swabbing with me. Literally have butterflies in my stomach. How hard was it to learn the blood draw????

Good luck tomorrow!!

Had to share this picture. All from RoPo's eggs. The LF and the blue bantam are hers and the 3 white bantams are mine
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom