Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    x2

2. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Oh no. Thinking of you Sally and hope you are well soon.

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Yes Mame'! You ARE the WOMAN!!!

4. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Sally, thinking of you, girl. Hope your spirits are up.

5. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally, Hope you feel better soon!

6. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Enabler!!! And I'm headed to Annville this weekend...So, would I WANT this mega bator? It looks old.

7. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    just stopped by and read scattered pages.
    Hi all..
    homestead act for taxes is called Act 1. This gives you a rebate on your taxes from ( I think) the lottery system in PA. You don't need a farm. The homestead they speak of is that you live in the property, not rent it and not a landlord/not a business. Once you apply, you are enrolled until ? maybe until you change your address? I print the actual applications for Berks County annually in December and blank applications are available from your school district business office year 'round.
    The 10 acre minimum is to apply for Clean &Green which is for farmland only. ( maybe the $2K level applies here onsmaller properties.) This you apply for and get a very nice tax break for land use for agricultural purposes. BUT... you cannot subdivide or sell your proprty for non-ag use or you will be charged the difference in backtaxes for the past 7 years. Not sure where you apply for that since it's been20+ years since I was involved with that.

Just started getting eggs from last spring's hatches of blue egged black roo /or FBblue marans roo over black marans hens.Out of 5 black resulting hens, have 2 definite olive eggers ( rose combs), 2 pure marans ( copper hackles, straight combs, feathered feet) and one pure black no feathered feet, but largest of the bunch. This is what we are getting in egg color. Taken with flash. One nicely dark marans ( really need to find out who this girl is.) one pastel rose tinted. one dark army khaki green. one lighter olive. one that can only be described as 'stone'-- a grey . My artist daughter is just glowing with the pallette of colors and took the best color samples for blowing and preserving. We sold/gave away any blues and splashes out of the hatches we had. We kept one black full marans roo who is breeding these gals and this year's hatches will be from this pen plus our 3 original FBCM hens. Extreme left 2 eggs are from earlier hatch of same roos over EEs. Light egg is a light blue. Your monitors may vary colors but these pics look true on my PC.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Whatcha doin in Annville? I'll be in Orrtanna and Lewisberry this weekend.

9. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Gorgeous colors!

10. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I got the brochure for the Poultry Expo in MD on Feb 2, 2013 in my email today! YAY! Pre-registration is $10 per adult, $5 per kid 10+ and free for under 10. ALSO if you are a 4H Member of Volunteer, you get in FREE too! You just have to show your 4H ID at the door!

If anyone wants me to forward the email to them....let me know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by