Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Welcome aboard!! We happen yo be those kind of people [​IMG] Sometimes chicken crazy even

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Psssst.......

Guess what I picked up tonight?

7 adorable Bobwhites

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry Ray! I feel your pain. Out of my 18 I just candled them and lost 7 I have 2 that are kind of "Iffy" (They are too dark for me to see anything. They don't smell, so I'm holding out for them. LOL! One I almost took to the ziplock bag for eggtopsy, but something told me to give it a second look..so I did and sure enough, just the slightest movement. So I put it back with the movers. all but 1 were infertile...strangely enough the underdeveloped baby was "stuck" to the shell...what does that mean?? I'll keep my positive thoughts for your other babies!!
    Funny enough Sally, I DID read something that said sometimes a Roo DOES favor a particular hen and apparently the only way to solve it is get rid of him or move to to another coop (some way to quarantine him from her. Also was saying you may want a saddle for her so he doesn't rip out all her feathers. Pretty interesting that you mentioned that.

Still haven't heard from my coop company as to when this thing is arriving...I have to say I feel like it's forever ago, and I am wondering where the heck it went. Guess a phone call will be coming tomorrow.

Sandy is doing awesome, and Jennise is getting so big! She has made her way out of the plastic tote...smart alec. She keeps making her water dirty and it's driving me batty! She likes apples. LOL! The growth process with chickens is amazing. Oh well. That's it for now. Until tomorrow! :)

[​IMG]
    Here is little miss fresh! Enjoying the view!

[​IMG]
    Here is Rowan (age 5) being responsible for taking Sandy out for her scratching time. LOL!! He even saved her from the wild raspberry bushes. LOL!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    cool Chad! pics?? u got a pen?

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. Pentamom

LOL! Thank You!! Rowan is such a mature 5 year old, it's crazy! LOL!

Now that's funny. Mine looked exactly the same (and equally as dirty) I stared at it, HOPING the spot would move and to no avail, it was stuck. What's odd though is that I have it in the automatic turner. So it's not like it's not being turned. I really wonder if a dirty egg has something to do with it. Ugh. I really want 2 ducks....and Turkeys...and peacocks.....I'm so **** needy!! LOL!!!

8. Pentamom

P.S. I just followed you on Pinterest. LOL! I'm "The Vegetarian Farmer"

9. Pentamom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And here are some more "Kid with chicken" Photos! LOL! Enjoy!
    Glad you are starting to move around more! xo!

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I was like a kid in the candy store today! 68 eggs set!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by