Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    That sucks! How in the world do you candle them??? please come do all mine!! Lockdown is on Monday!!! I tried five lights, candler AND SPOTLIGHT and cant see crud, not even air cells!!! what the heck!!!! I am worried because the bator had a slight.... SLIGHT cooked egg smell when I just turned. So they were infertile? I had alot of serama from Crazypetlady unfertile, she had roo issues she said, but didnt offer Harmony any more : ( oh well lessons learned right? My black and blue didnt lay a single egg yet! but I dont really have the set up for them to lay yet, was gonna do it the first weekend I ended up in the hospital..... I told DH to take the kids tall one wide book shelf down and add some boards on the fronts and throw it in for me and set up a timer on the light, cause its dark as sin in there until they are left out.

I was having a sit with all these chicks, now moved into the garage, some of the brahma look frizzle!!! I love frizzles but I dont want my brahma frizzled, I have no room for them to breed! and I have a plenty layers!!! How cool is a LF frizzle though? I had to look them up, frizzles are cool but I never actually seen a LF one! Seems my friend has a Frizzle ROO! thanks for telling me now!

QUESTION: Do roosters have favorite hens? My SLW Roo "Melvin" only does the brahma breeds!

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    My puppy is such a mellow pup! Daisy is just that, my sweet little Daisy! She missed her momma : (
    growing so fast too!

[​IMG]

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    @Ray, so sorry. That totally stinks to have eggs shipped and not develop.

@Sally, the eggs look ok. I'm not the best in the candling department, so am letting them rest air cell up and will not turn them for a few days.

6. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I could clean that one I have up. the feathered kids seemed to like it. your more than welcome to it.

7. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Does anyone close happen to have the quail trays for a LG bator that I may borrow?

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    sounds like the perfect plan for the situation!

9. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    Hi I'm unsure if I'm to post here but hi ^^ I'm a south eastern pa native right on the mason Dixon line. Always looking to coordinate and talk with other chicken enthusiasts ^^ message me! I'm not sure bout navigating this site yet but I'm learning!!
    soooo, HI! :p

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by