Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Seriously! LOL!!! That is so funny!!!
    Congratulations!!! So beautiful!!
    That's why I moved Jennise out early because she was so active and kept burning her head on the heating element. I felt bad so I took her out early.
    Sally~You are equally awesome!! I always believe in honesty is the best policy and that's the only way I live! LOL!! It was such a pleasure meeting you and your awesome lovely family today! [​IMG] (and your super cute chickens!!) Nope. I don't homeschool them. I think I'd be crazy if I did! LOL!!
    Hope she gets well soon!!
    OMG, they are GEORGOUS!!! Silkies are my Favorite!!
    LOL!! That guy was so funny! LOL!! That bator was super cool, but just make sure you can get parts if you need them. It was fun being your wing man! LOL! Your daughter was super cute!! LOL!!

Okay. So then Cabella really IS tiny! LOL!! Her birthday is Nove 15th I think Blarney said!

Oh~Just so you all know, Blarney said she liked my Vegan Fudge!! :) That made me super happy!!

With that being said: Here are some fun pictures of the newbies! We adore all of them!! Thanks Blarney and Sally!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pentamom

Yup! I'll give you the link! :) http://www.thevegetarianfarmer.com/Laundry_Detergent.html

LMFAO!!! That is so awesome!! Where do you find these contests?! LOL!!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]Penta- thank you !!!! soooo cool, I am vegetarian also, due to health. Can handle eggs and cheese-(small amounts),but NO meat.. I guess that's vegetarian??!!, differences of opinion w/ what is vegan & vegetarian... doesn't take much to confuse me[​IMG]....Your new additions are very cute!![​IMG]

5. Pentamom

Okay, I'm gonna have to check it out! LOL! I never know about these things! I'm so glad you love the pics!! LOL!!
    Vegan is also called "Strict Vegetarian" and that is where you don't eat ANYTHING that came from an animal (or had a face or heartbeat) I'm vegan with our sweets. (Cookies and stuff). We are lacto-ovo Vegetarian which is where we do dairy and eggs. But my dairy is from local, grass fed cows. (raw milk.) We love it! Has a clean taste to it. My 1 son is a vegan/pecatarian, which means he won't eat cheese/or eggs or dairy. But he will eat fish and no other meat. LOL! I DO let the 2 youngest eat meat when we are out, but they are vegetarian at home. It's a mess. LOL!

I'll be keeping that website updated all the time with recipes. I try to veganize as much as possible....(meaning, instead of using milk, I'll use soy milk or something different.) LOL! Anything to help! I'm always willing to share my recipes, but most of my friends think it's too much work and just buy it from me. LOL!! My lip balm recipes are the only thing I won't give away. LOL! A girl has to keep SOME secrets! My 1 friend still has 1 of my all natural chocolate mint lip balms from 3 YEARS ago, and it's STILL good! LOL!!!

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Ash and Penta, congrats on the new babies.

Just got an update from my hatching buddy RoPo and it sounds like my one egg she has (calico silkie pen) is still viable and hopefully will be hatching any day now!! I have 6 more in my bator and all look good, and I have 4 more sitting to go in with next weeks eggs.

In the spring, I should have calico and partridge silkies babies and eggs! Now if my orps would just decide to lay....

7. LittleMissPurdy

that is so cool, hey ,I understand about the whole "need to keep some things close to the chest", I had a business- I owned a beauty salon,- have to keep those hair- color "recipes" to ones self!! but because I became ill and could not do that or too much of anything else, had to close salon. (alot of info here, not one to divulge much, but, really- what does it matter anymore.[​IMG])...I have a very sensitive system..with everything..medications, light..you name it My body will probably have a problem with it, so- lacto-ovo vegetarian is what I am ...I guess..[​IMG]. It sounds like you are kept very busy w/ the kitchen-routine!!, alot of different meals-wow. I am always open to new ways to eat...it can get pretty-boring, taste wise, I do use alot of fresh herbs & thigns like that. The farmers market helps...try to get "organic", but it gets pricey. Sorry this is sooo long. [​IMG]..okay I'm done..

8. LittleMissPurdy

oooohhh...ORPS....[​IMG]..haha

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Finally home from Annville. We are tired cookies here.

@Penta, oh my goodness! That guy was a bit of a character...shoulda seen that coming. Extremely nice.

Wow! Yes! Penta's fudge was amazing. Can't hardly believe she made that outta leaves n stuff.

10. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I tell ya what....This gang we have is definitely one heck of a bunch! I just read through a few pages and watched maybe 9 different conversations go on from pasty chicken butt to faux fudge. Where else can you find that? lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by