Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    YAY!! Thanks for the update!

Sally, I still have those two silkies if you are still looking. One silver partridge, I believe and the other splash. One I know for sure is a hen, the other I am fairly sure.

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Nice Penta

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Cute!!

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! ITS PERFECTO!! GREAT WORK mommasita!!

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Quote:

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Well, my incubator hold 196 LF chicken eggs. I have several brooders. I keep them in my office/chicken room/craft room until they are about 1 week, then they go the garage. I use metal, and rubbermaid livestock waterers. I have some of the Brinsea infared heaters, they only use 20 watts of electricity. I stagger my hatches so some will go to the barn, while new ones are going into the brooders. Right now I have 50 Cochins, and 18 Black Australorps. In a next week I will set Coronation Sussex. The week after that will be Mottled Java, Blue Andalusian, and Silver Laced Wyandotte. Then the week after that who the heck knows....................................... I want to also add, that I sell most of the chicks. Like with the 50 Cochins, I am looking for hens, so that take it down to 25, then I want blue, so that will take it down to 12.5, then I want to keep the nicest 2-3. So really out of the eggs I will probably keep 5???? I am a sucker for blacks too!!!! I am picky, and I cull very hard. This is for myself, and to better the breeds, following the SOP is important. Most people I sell to are looking for pretty chickens, which is in the eye of the beholder. Some people want non-hatchery stock because they want to support local agriculture, and they usually have better personalities. Then there are a few people who want show birds. I make them too, but I have to keep the nicer looking birds to improve the breed. I can't sell all the show quality ones that I raise. Usually its 1/10 chicks is a show bird. So technically, out of the 50 eggs, 5 keepers is about right.............................I am pretty serious about my ladies and gentleman. I also love them to pieces [​IMG]

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Good Gawd! This is hysterical. It would be my Christmas card if I were so inclined to make one.

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by