Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I was hoe hoe hoeing the run, and everyone wanted to see what I was doing. They kept getting in the way (I have spots that are over a foot deep of smelly dirty pine shavings. The mud is getting problematic, so I was getting it out of there), and I was getting tired of the work, so I grabbed my bucket and litter scoop, and went inside the coop to play in the poop. With a roost in front of me, and a roost behind me, I was quickly surrounded ... And told to stop moving. They were settling onto my back. I had beaks in my face from above, and from the floor. I was getting pecked in the butt and the back of my leg (the rubber must have been fun to bounce her beak off of, I guess) Penny was playing in the pile I was working on each time I moved. Gotta say it was fun. Then I noticed that Red was standing in the door, and Midnight was playing with his wattles. She would peck, he would move his head. Finally, he started playing with hers, and she walked away.
I am a little concerned with the blood I have found on the feeder twice now. I also am finding some of Red's feathers. Only three today, but they are not his tail feathers. I will keep watching for problems, but the only squabbling I ever hear is when a pullet doesn't want to be bothered.
OMG I adore you! Always making me smile and I can almost HEAR you when you type!!! he he he!!

I was trying to take pics of my beautiful blue sept babies and all they did was want to peck me and the camera!! stinkers!!!
so I threw some crack down and this is what I got then

So sweet Sally!!

I am dying for my peeps to start hatching, but I still have a few days to go.

I have been waiting for my layer eggs to arrive. They were shipped on the 17th but still aren't here :(

Maybe it is from all the holiday mail?

Sally, the breed is called "Langshan." Might help when you find you are addicted to them and go to find more of them!

Back
Top Bottom