Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    galgo98......... She's the waterfowl woman to talk to from Lebanon

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Hello and Merry Christmas Lisa!!

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Gives the eggs away? Heck, I have regulars that buy and I don't advertise. It helps cover the cost of feeding all the lil mouths [​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh perfect!!!

5. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    During processing the meat scraps are thrown together as well as other things all get thrown together and cooked down. The meat is than congealed in a pan. Once taken home it's usually sliced and than baked or pan fried. We top with peaches and king syrup. I guess if you were thinking about leaning away from the vegan side that sealed the deal lol

6. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Wow you folks keep a thread busy! LOL... had to catch up on the posts in just a couple hours!
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have really enjoyed the friendships I have seen on this thread in particular, it was the
    biggest reason behind my deciding to creat a profile and join in the fun rather than just using the site for an awesome research source (which it certainly is!) I don't have a huge amount of chicken experience to share (yet) but may be able to help someone at some point, so looking forward to that.
    I won't be able to be online every day, I work 24 hrs a shift on my job, some days I can get online for short periods, other days not at all... so don't be surprised that sometimes it may take longer than expected to get an answer out of me. With as fast as this thread moves it also means catching up for me so I might miss posts...just give me a kick or a pm if I miss something [​IMG]

Over the next few weeks I will work on getting more pics online of the brood and coop and set up signatures and the like...

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I nominate Missy for secretary !! LOL daily updates on the thread!!! I love Rons in the NYD hatch!!

8. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Sally- Yep, she looks like a hatchery quality silkie girl, but certainly not a show quality and I wouldn't be surprised if she even had
    some 'mutt' in the background because she was from a lady who wasn't even sure if Gracie (our name for her) had been bought
    at a local feed mill or hatched from one of her other hens! [​IMG]
    She was on and off the nest for about a week, but now is sticking tight so we need to get her some eggs. She is absolutely adorable though when she tries to look intimidating on her
    nest though! [​IMG] She is turning into the 'queen of stink eye'!!

Missy- Zip of 15742 for the map, Thanks!

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I love stink eye!!! LOL

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by