Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

YES!!!! I totally and completely agree!!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    So...came home to discover the clock on the stove blinking 2:26....not sure if that means it was off for 2 1/2 hours...or on for 2 1/2 or on for 14 1/2....incubator temp seems to be at 98, but i don't want to mess with it, as it had been running at 99....and if i bump it, my luck it'll go to 101!

Clipped the ducks' wings...depending on the weather tomorrow, I'll let them out and stay with them for awhile to make sure that they can't fly out of the run....:/

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome, Fisherlady,

Now, tell us all about that cute puppy in your avatar!

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    • [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NYD Hatch-a-long Digest for 12/23/2012
    Statistics:
    Most active thread : Contest12 #1 and #5 for the main thread
    Sally Sunshine was #1 for post with 266 posts

mrsodell1980 posted baby a baby chick picture [​IMG] CelticOaksFarm is making Christmas dreams come true by plucking chickens for pick up while other are picking up ducklings and baby rabbits! [​IMG] Fingers are sore!

Sahwithchicks shared a story about relatives finding developed embryos inside eggs.[​IMG]

Sally Sunshine posted an hatch trouble sheet in post 4899. [​IMG] She also agreed with Blarneyeggs that visiting relatives it the #1 headache trigger on her list. [​IMG] Later she shared some Baby Chick photos! Adorable! [​IMG]

CelticOaksFarm shared a picture of his Brooder under construction for Aspen AKA Mrs. Fluffy puffy. [​IMG] COF also has raised shelters for the Ducks! Aspen shared that she has Serama eggs developing![​IMG]

No SleepyOwl it is not likely you! Those chicks just did not have the energy to make it! (post 4922)[​IMG]And FeyRaine, [​IMG] take something and relax! Your hatch will be fine! FarmerChef still has development in the double yolker! [​IMG]
    Bettacreek's little Duckling did not make it. [​IMG] Still, there are two others still hanging on. [​IMG] And the first turkey egg was found![​IMG]

Jessiey asked when do you move the chicks from the hatcher to the brooder. The Chickener said when they are fluffy![​IMG]

The it was: [​IMG]

And yes there were adorable Puppy and Dog pictures today! [​IMG]mstricer is baking [​IMG] Pele is baking too! and posted a Chili Jam recipe. [​IMG]Post 4954 has Day 12 Development pictures.[​IMG]myssydcpc had to get the Fiancee up so that they could play Santa today. Then the next batch of posts were from Sally Shunshine! she has pips [​IMG]champer managed to get a post in about an OE that used to ride on shoulders![​IMG]

Post 4972 has a candling video! [​IMG] The Seah said Just wanted to pop my head up into the sunshine for a bit.(was that about Sally Sunshine? [​IMG]Sally embedded the Muppet video in post 4974 [​IMG] Sahwithchicks has a sick child! He is being comforted by a Toddler! [​IMG]Also, BCM Roos play with Toddler toys!

The Postman brought Jessiey a package of Hatching eggs on Sunday![​IMG]Then we made 5000 posts! [​IMG]

debs_flock posted a picture of her Dog Emma Napping [​IMG]Then pictures of Emma awake! RoyalT posted pictures of the Muscovy Ducks! [​IMG]

Razadia had a good Day! [​IMG]The trampoline spring did not send her to the hospital! She was spurred but the chicken did not have spurs! Hopefully more days will be this good too [​IMG]

Hurley posted a picture of the awesome new door to replace the one damaged in the storm. It is version 2.0 and is much sturdier![​IMG]FeyRaine then posted DIY feeder pictures! [​IMG]

gryeyes stopped by, marked her spot said something about having more roos than she is supposed to ( that never happens to me [​IMG]) and will now read all 5000 posts.[​IMG]

It's Dinner time!

[​IMG]
    Ron

Is this a Hobby or a way of Life? Chickens: Australorp, Barred Plymouth Rock, Hatchery RIR, Golden Comet, Marans, Easter Egger, Partridge Rock, Silver Gray Dorking, Basque Hen, Heritage RIR.

Hatching 101 including Shipped Eggs
    ReplyQuote Multi
    Ron

6. PAchickengirl

PAchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania
    Found out it is difficult to remove frozen poo from below the roost today, lol. At least it doesn't smell, I guess. The chickens got to free range in the snow, too. Patches were melting so they got some grass. They hadn't been out much with all the rain and wind last week.

7. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    It wasn't the scrapple. Scrapple is a wonderful food. How can you eat storebought eggs after having your own, though? They don't taste like anything.

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    PAChickengirl, if you use a paint scraper (the metal ones) it works amazingly well!

Missy, if you have a towel, you can put a towel on top of the incubator to keep the temperature a little more stable.

9. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Sally... this would be perfect for me! LOL

NYD Hatch-a-long Digest for 12/23/2012
    Statistics:
    Most active thread : Contest12 #1 and #5 for the main thread
    Sally Sunshine was #1 for post with 266 posts

Missy... see above... works for us! The kids won't mind, honest! [​IMG]

Beaglady... the avatar is my dog Mindy, she is a full blooded English Shepherd from Black Sheep Farm in New York... the breed is also known as an 'Old fashioned farm Collie' by many folks and is not as common as it used to be since the decline in small farms across the US. Think Border Collie smarts and Lassie good sense with all of the 'super herder' mentality to boot and you have an English Shepherd. (if you get it from a good breeder who understands farm dogs!)
    She absolutely adores our chickens and would live in the coop with them if she were allowed.... and has been that way since the day we brought our first chicks home 7 months ago. Even though she wasn't raised around them she seems to understand how quiet she needs to be around them and I never worry about leaving them out to roam the yard. She is 45 lbs of ferocious when something strange comes into the yard when her chickens are out! We had 2 strays in the yard a couple of months ago and the only reason she didn't lay into them was because I called her off before bloodshed. The strays thankfully weren't after the chickens (even though she thought they were since they were breathing the same air as her chicks!) and we found who they belonged to quickly so they could be returned before Mindy had a stroke!
    Since our second love is fishing/boating Mindy and our Lab both go out with us on the boat so they both have lifejackets to fit, the avatar is Mindy modeling her first jacket, she is now on her adult size but I still think she's cute!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry... I tend to get long winded when talking about my critters... [​IMG]

10. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    yep !! the metal one's work best, I have a scraper tucked in the corner of all 3 houses, use them often.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by