Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Colvin.sherice :

Southern York county !
smile.png
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome to BYC Colvin.sherice!

Sharron, I thought I was pushing the weather envelope with my new girls, but got them acclimated and outside while we had some warmer weather. How are you going to get your little ones ready for winter? Is your coop insulated? Love to see some pics of your babies!

hannakat, I never knew how much fun raising chickies could be! I am just glad they are settled in the coop and ready for winter! I need to take some more pics today, someone on here had swings in their run so I added swings to both runs and now it looks like a playground for chickens!​

Quote:
Welcome to BYC Colvin.sherice!

Sharron, I thought I was pushing the weather envelope with my new girls, but got them acclimated and outside while we had some warmer weather. How are you going to get your little ones ready for winter? Is your coop insulated? Love to see some pics of your babies!

hannakat, I never knew how much fun raising chickies could be! I am just glad they are settled in the coop and ready for winter! I need to take some more pics today, someone on here had swings in their run so I added swings to both runs and now it looks like a playground for chickens!

well i normally don't do chicks this late in the year but had chance to get these eggs which i normally couldn't afford so i took a chance:lol: and had very good luck hatching. our coop isn't insulated but my husbands family had an old old brooder thingy, it hangs from the ceiling in the chicken house and the chicks can run in and out as they please, if they get cold, they run under, if they get too warm, they run out into the coop, it takes up alot of room but works great

GoldDogsMom ~ YES!! MORE pictures please!! I saw those swing too! Dang...with my contractor dude would finish building the new coop already...hasn't been here since last Monday
sad.png

Let us know if the girls start swinging!
gig.gif

sharron ~ All you need is a good light and some place out of the wind. They'll do fine! I keep looking at eggs cause I want, I want, I want, I want ....(oh stop it ~ slapping myself out of it) more chickens.

Quote:
i decided if i want and can afford, i get, lifes too short not to enjoy while we can. as long as my husband puts up with me, (he usually lets me have what i want:bun) as far as the biddys(southern word for chicks) go, altho i can't put them into the main chicken house, bill closed in a stall in the barn for my older chicks last spring so i can put them there with some kind of heat and they will be fine. missy piggy(potbelly next stall) can guard them lol

Quote:
thats what i told her, she didn't know who she was trying to get, that when bill got back from his trip he could dig the hole, i'ld go to the house and get my gun, and that would be the end of her, i have a fear of hogs, growing up in florida, a wild one scared me , daddy and his friends use to tell hunting stories about hunting the wild russian boars the gc let loose to breed with native hogs, believe me, they're nasty and one day hunting with daddy, i ran across one, but all it did was gunt at me and i took off lol. must have been a native or it would have come after me

The big run with swings for the little girls...

103160_img_0361.jpg

103160_img_0356.jpg

a couple of the little girls checking on what I was doing...
103160_img_0355.jpg

103160_img_0357.jpg

and the big girls smaller run, they needed a swing too!
103160_img_0360.jpg

My husband thinks I have gone over the edge...but just you wait til I see the girls on the swings!

Back
Top Bottom