Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Blarney, I can totally understand what you mean about the support, I am so glad you had MsLadyHawk to talk to! some folks just aren't lucky enough to understand just how much more an animal can be to a person than 'just a pet'... each are idividuals and can dig their way into your heart in so many different ways. To this day I still have trouble talking about my dog Sadie who passed away nearly 4 yrs ago. Each pet holds it's own place in a person's heart. To be able to experience the joy they bring to us also means we expose ourselves to the pain of losing them... I take comfort in knowing that for whatever time my animals are with me they are cared for, included, cuddled or comforted when they needed it and kept as happy and safe as any critter could be. In return they have always offered me the same and I know when anything happens to any I have now I can take comfort in knowing that when I am ready I will be able to offer that to another animal who will be welcomed into our home.
    You can't 'prepare' really... but talking to good friends sure lightens the load! My fingers are crossed that your big girl continues to improve and your vet visit gives you good news. Give her a few extra belly rubs for us!

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Sally, great pics! Nothing like a kiddo who loves her chooks.

3. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Ok so my mom got my DD, her and myself a Brineas mini advanced incubator?? Has anyone used one of these and are they good?? So hoping she got a good one because it looks like she spent a lot!! Thanks for the input!

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    MsLadyHawke swears by them and has been getting great hatch rates. Congrats!

5. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Not 100% sure. I have a LG setup that I'm running right now. I want to get some breeders setup for some plans in the making.

On a note on the subject.......Has anyone ever sold to a restaurant?

6. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Normally this time of year it's Jameson...my secret santa at the hospital got me a bottle each of vodka and triple sec. Sooo I kinda went a lil heavy. [​IMG]

7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I LOVE THAT STUFF!!! Everyone laughs at me(go figure) and says that I am chicken crazy! That chapstick is awsome! AND it does not have the stuff in it that is found to be addictive!

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hi RAY! Yep....started dipping back into the sauce a bit after the second round of Christmas dinner lol It's a day off what the heck right? As long as I stay away from ebay. Still have bids on Birchen, Blue and Black Coppers

9. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Chapstick can be addictive??? Seriously?? I just use it when the weather gets dry so I don't look like I have deserts for lips...

10. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I can agree with the addiction to chapstick!

It's more like a nervous habit for me...don't know what to say or do, reach for the chapstick!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by