Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    What what what did I do?

2. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    If you see Irishcoffee723...yep guilty [​IMG]

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I started getting outbid and not real upset about that. And yes irishcoffee. I had a coffee service and everything in my life revolved around the last name. It was an easy association thing.

4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    This is one of my bids. [​IMG].

[​IMG]

half dozen plus birchen marans eggs. I suppose with the price including shipping it's not that terrible.

5. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    [​IMG]

The roo on these looks good from my perspective. Than again it's not a pic of him standing alone.

6. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

:)
    They are so beautiful!! That brown one looks just like the one we lost...[​IMG] So darn sweet!! They are all beautiful! XO! Congratulations!!
    [​IMG] Thanks Love, I needed that! It's been such a stressful day..
    I'm sorry Blarney..[​IMG]

so I don't even have the heart to bleach out the incubator...what is sad, is when the kids go to see the alive babies, they look in the incubator for eggs....I think it's just habit right now...I don't have it in me to clean it out and put it away..*sigh I just keep replaying that dog in the brooder with all my beautiful babies murdered.

....I'm sorry guys...[​IMG]....it may take me a few days to get back on...now that I'm sitting here and the kids are in bed, I think it's finally hitting me...

xoxo
    Goodnight.

7. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I don't know if I was good or bad this year. I got clothes and worms for Christmas. I don't like worms! The things I do for my chickens! !

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA

9. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Figured this was the one,,, only one with a bid.... pretty Roo, but probably not really close to the standard, but, you're crossing them anyway
    Could very well be a good Roo,,,, but, why no photos of him standing,,, why don't these people think, would probably help them get better prices.

When is your hatch due ??? Thought you had plenty of marans eggs in there already?

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Ray, How many Marans is 'enough', anyway? Especially when there's Jameson's involved.

So who is going to the Farm Show? And how will we all know each other? Maybe we could all meet for a baked potato, fried cheese cubes, or real milkshake at the same time? I plan on going Sunday and then at least one weekday.

For those who have never been there... Prepare to be amazed! I usually am, but I'm pretty easy in that department. Also, the drinks are expensive! The Pepsi is $3.00 throughout the whole complex. I've learned to pack water n juice (no fun to carry around) and spend our $3 on milkshakes.

The Farm Show is free, and I THINK there is a $10 charge for parking, but DH says no charge? They park you about a million miles from the Farm Show building but there are shuttles running continuously, just remember where you are parked, the lots are ginormous. Also, you will freeze waiting for the shuttle, OR sweat to death carrying your coat around the Farm Show complex, kind of a 'no win' situation. Sorry if this is TMI, getting excited here!

http://www.farmshow.state.pa.us/page/2013show.aspx

Don't forget that any clothing you wear may pick up dander from the the poultry being displayed, so wash it (and yourself) before playing with your babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by