Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

wish I would have taken the time to plan better, I still have a hodgepodge of birds ....It's very hard to decide on breeds, so i am aiming for a few of each.
    [​IMG]

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I have three pips this morning! One is a silkie, but I can't see what is written on the other two. Still nothing from the cochins except some rocking. This is my first batch since June, I believe? Maybe July. I had such horrible hatches over the summer. I really need these next two to go well! Otherwise, I may be cured of hatching for good!

Blarney, we could do a Sunday at the farm show. We are really looking forward to it. This will be our first one. We had only been back in PA days when the last one was happening.

Sally, beautiful babies!! And beautiful daughter, too!

Penta, hang in there hon. Does anyone here maybe breed something that you would like?

Wing, what types are you thinking of?

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    lmao My mom gave me dog bones or biscuits in every box... so I explained that I can treat the chickens on cat food, now everyones presents will smell like FISH!!! [​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    mmmmm BESTEST Milkshakes TOO!!! I would pay ten bucks!! YUMS!!!

good advise thats for sure MommaBlarn!!

Good luck at the vet today [​IMG]

5. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Guess I overlooked the " Jameson " or vodka factor...lol.....I really have to get out to his place,, see how he has everything setup, maybe do a headcount, for someone who didn't want many chickens, and really didn't want Roos, his Irish tune sure has changed ! Guess that BCM really wone him over, guess I had just a little to do with that, it did take some convincing and a bit of arm twisting.

And, I guess you can never have enough Marans,,, I'm working on a good population myself, so I have a good selection to cull from. Hmmm, perhaps Chad will be interested in the ones that I don't want for breeding.

Wonder how many of the auctions he won ???? Chad ?

Almost positive there is a parking fee, and it used to be $10, a few years ago, haven't been there for a few. I'd like to get there this year, is Sunday family day ? I remember it's alot less crowded during the week.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  6. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    hey, thats cville lol, where i am now and watching the snow, sure hope i can get home tonight, we have to go up a hill thats a lot of fun trying to get to the top, sometimes its sidewards but my husband is a good snow driver since he was born here.[​IMG]

7. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

On another note,,,, these 4 chicks I have are the most quiet peeps I have had here so far. I never hear a peep out of them, almost forget they are right next to me when I'm at the computer. Gotta love 'em !

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  8. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i love mine

9. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]Finally got caught up..again,My goodness you've all been busy!!..haha. Okay so..HELLO & WELCOME to all the new peeps!!..[​IMG]*Vinnie(McKeesport)..*Pngzv(Butler Co.)..*Blackerest(Dauphin Co.)...
    ..Lancaster Co.here, but soon to be Clinton Co.(middle of the state).
    *Penta- I am so sorry for all your losses, the little ones & the relationship w/ your mom..[​IMG]..hang in there!!
    *Chad- S.Willsprt "Old-Stomping Grounds"..cool, so you know where-a-bouts I'll be..kinda..haha, I do like the city, there is alot to do..hubby and I like to stay at the Genetti Hotel(sp?) for our anniversary..Yeah man..jacuzzi room!!![​IMG]haha!...drinking while holding the credit card & EBAY-surfing is not advisable..just saying[​IMG]
    *Sally- great Pics of the kids w/ their chicks!!..soo cute!![​IMG]
    *MAMA- hey , your just a "skip & jump" from our place!!..cool. It's nice to know there are some other chicken-folk around for "support" or "enabling"..haha[​IMG]
    *Missy- could you put me on the map?..the new place, Clinton Co. (North Bend)..will be moved in completely by end of February..[​IMG], nothing like moving in the middle of winter, just hoping the weather cooperates!!!
    *Motorcycle chick- noting says Merry Christmas like WORMS!!!![​IMG]...I know , what we don't do for the things/animals/people we love!!![​IMG]
    **Hope everyones NEW YEAR is more positive & wonderful than the last...wishing the BEST for all!!!![​IMG]....okay, I'm done now..hee hee...sorry so long..

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Purdy, I'll get you on.

Blarney, yes, Sunday will work for us. And yes, parking is $10 (at least). Fiancee always yells at me to put on my coat...and then complains when I make him carry it! LOL I know I'll get overheated wearing it, so I'm smart enough not to! I'm NOT taking the kids this year, they didn't let me spend ANY time in the poultry area last year.

Chad...please, please, please say you don't have your ebay tied to your paypal for automatic payments!

:fl for your pippers Mama!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by