Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

2. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Wouldn't do that it could drop her temp!! Dust bath wouldn't hurt... O and when one of mine got sick she also ended up with mites! So check her neck too! Once I got rid of them everything got better!

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I agree. Don't do anything that will stress her. But DO keep her away from everyone else until you figure this out. May save your flock. I also agree with what Brownie said about the mites. Check her good. I lost a bird to mites this year. Check her neck and vent. Do you have some sav-a-chick you can give her? Scrambled eggs? Yogurt?

4. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Yes the others seem well, if he doesn't eat I have not given her water and will in the morning with a good dose...

5. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    All I could do would be the scrambled eggs. Should i try puting the meds in the eggs?

6. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    What is

What is sav-a-chick?

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    It is vitamins.Great thing to keep on hand.

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Awww! I hope she gets better soon for you.

Ray!! I've got a bator running now…are you trying to get me thrown out?! Nice looking whites by the way! I looked at their BCMs and it seems as if they have a Wyandotte Roo in there too.

And what is it with those English and their Roundy Chickens?? Their Orpingtons are rather rotund as well.

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Yes. And if you have gatorade on hand, you can put a little in her water (an Organic Egg Farm near me uses only Gatorade for meds, well that, and an ax).

Oops! Just saw your last post. I would say NO to the bath unless you suppose she is egg bound or she has some injury you need to clean out. Otherwise you will be getting her cold and wet ~2 things you want to avoid.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  10. roseschickies

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    She is sleeping so I will leave her be till the morning then Ill check her for mites and treat her to eggs, oatmeal and her water, all with the meds in it so hopefully we can kick this! I can pick up the yogurt and Gatorade tomorrow after work. And no bath! Thank you all for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by