Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Anyone want a whiny cat?? Good lord, she's going to drive me to drink! I can't wait till step-daughter finally decides to move the cat and all of her/the kids stuff out of my house!!!

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I'll take the cat, you take the dog. I just spent half an hour trying to convince him to get out of the coop. Coffee, the BR kept pecking him in the head, but he finds them so fascinating. I really do wonder about having a house chicken. would it make it better or worse?

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    we need this [​IMG] but with a cat and one with a dog! and maybe even a rooster lol

7. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Yes, any OE or EE chick that grows a comb will lay brown eggs. This comes from breeding OE to OE or EE to EE, any of the combos. To get the best chance of an OE or EE that lays blue or green you must cross pure birds. Blue egg genes are dominant, so you can get a straight comb brown egg layer out of a green/olive egg, because that means the brown egg genes are in it. Peacombs are also dominate. The blue egg gene and the peacomb are "connected" some how, or just because they are both dominate, I don't know. That's just how it works, and I can tell you that is how it has been around here. Anymore questions just ask!!! [​IMG]

8. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    Good Morning Everyone!

Well Oriencia does not seem to have much of an appetite, and it looked like she slept in her oatmeal [​IMG] I gave her a scrambled egg with the Meds in it, she ate almost all of those, her water is also treated and my BF said she was drinking a little when he was up this morning. I tried to check her for Mites, but she kept fluffing her neck and seemed to be saying stop it! lol I was able to get a look at the back of her neck, her feathers look white and fluffy, at least what I could see, no red irritation or little black specs... Maybe she is about to molt? Could that be why her feathers are a mess? OH! I did here her breathing, sounded a little wheezy? There was also not much Poo in the cage either, last time I had her inside, there was significantly more.. What else can I tell you...

Sorry I am such a novice at this and learning more every day.. Even if she gets better, now I'm nervous about adding my babies (When it is time of course) to the Barn that all my other girls are in, could they be sick and Not have symptoms? Could they get my new girls sick? I have a 20ft x 20ft barn that I have 1/4 of it for the girls, with a run to be added in the spring. I am going to clean it all out and disinfect it this weekend.

Who new this could turn into suck a mess.. [​IMG]

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    How old is this chicken, how long have you had her, what meds are you giving her, what is the smell? Do you live near a Tractor Supply?

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by