Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you for the info.!..the run and coop I'm starting w/ is not too large..I think maybe a small pitch-fork would be okay, would have to try it out, and definately just a cat-poop scoop would work fine for the coop, plus the coop ha a pull-out try for cleaning , so that will make it easier..sorry to hear your doggie had an accident..is he older?..For christmas I got some clothes and Hubby has put-back some $ for the chickens I'll be getting in the spring and their must needed items....

2. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    So im getting the hatching bug especially since my DM got us an incubator for Xmas but in trying to restrain myself til feb!! Still telling myself I don't want a bunch of chicks in the house all winter but you guys are killing me!!

3. LittleMissPurdy

OMG..[​IMG]..that has got to be one of the cutest things ever!!!

4. LittleMissPurdy

what makes a crop "sour" & how would you go about "fixing that?...For future reference...always good to know..and also, is this something that is common?

5. LittleMissPurdy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Finally figured out how to do this..[​IMG]..w/ some help from my 23yr old haha, sorry I went alittle picture crazy[​IMG]..just tryng to get it done!!!..and alittle excited..hee hee..Oh, and the little-guy testing out the coop is Caesar, my Pom.[​IMG]

6. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

7. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    I found a few things on line, one was to use Olive oil to help it pass. Here is one link with more information about it. ( I just googled Crop on a chicken)

http://www.greenmuze.com/blogs/green-muzings/2208-chicken-impacted-crop-or-sour-crop.html

But I am not about to make my chicken throw up, so hopefully she is good till I get her to the Vet tomorrow, I will keep everyone posted on what they say is wrong and what steps needed to take to make her better! :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  8. LittleMissPurdy

you make the chickens drink lemon juice..[​IMG], sorry..i'm confused..and you know it doesn't take much..haha....Sorry about your dog being sick...he's not that old either...I don't even like to think about mine getting sick, I think I would go to the corner & shrivel-up. He is my shadow..[​IMG]

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    cute coop Purdy!

10. LittleMissPurdy

thank you..I'm alittle slow on the up-take today[​IMG]..will read that..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by