Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

It's very hard to keep up with you guys!

Congrats LMP on your new birds and egg! already!!!

Wing- My geese will nibble on everything in the garden, except the tomato plants. We ended up fencing it off last year. They do a great job keeping the dandelions and other weeds out of the yard.

And as far as GOOSE math.... how could anybody resist a face like this????

It's very hard to keep up with you guys!

Congrats LMP on your new birds and egg! already!!!

Wing- My geese will nibble on everything in the garden, except the tomato plants. We ended up fencing it off last year. They do a great job keeping the dandelions and other weeds out of the yard.

And as far as GOOSE math.... how could anybody resist a face like this????

If that's a sebbie you can send any spares MY way
big_smile.png

Thanks silkie. That is another option I am considering also. I just had the idea of the magnets and was curious.

My pop door swings up. I made it heavy and use a spring loaded door latch like used at the top of barn doors. I can't explain it, I'll have to try to post a picture, but it can be opened with a rope from outside the run, no need to get dirty at all.

Oh lord come keep me company then! We will be there for 2 hours!

What time? The Central PA Avian Club is having their spring auction the same day. I went for the first time last year and actually bought birds (the ducks/ducklings I now hate and want to eat). I regret not buying the English buff Orp roo that was there! Not that I needed him... He was just gorgeous!

What time? The Central PA Avian Club is having their spring auction the same day. I went for the first time last year and actually bought birds (the ducks/ducklings I now hate and want to eat). I regret not buying the English buff Orp roo that was there! Not that I needed him... He was just gorgeous!
I am going to that. I MAYBE bringing mandarin ducklings. I also may buy something hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
I appreciate that input Missy. But then I'd have to get into the run to open and close the door. I'm trying to figure out a way that the kids can do it before school without getting muddy and poo covered.
I lean over the fence to latch it at night, and use a stick to pop it up in the morning...but if your run is completely closed that may not work as well.
I would think you need some kind of lock or latch to keep it closed. I know may banty roo tries & has succeeded at least a few times with any hen that escapes the pen & he can grab before our other free range LF roo knocks him off of her. My coop pop door is on a slider track with a stick attached that can be pulled open & pushed closed without ever going in the coop. He stick then has a hook & eye latch at the corner of the coop to keep anything from sliding it open at night.
But isn't the lacing dominant? This is a pure black chick...and my sebright is silver laced.
It's very hard to keep up with you guys! Congrats LMP on your new birds and egg! already!!! Wing- My geese will nibble on everything in the garden, except the tomato plants. We ended up fencing it off last year. They do a great job keeping the dandelions and other weeds out of the yard. And as far as GOOSE math.... how could anybody resist a face like this????
Cause I know what it will grow up to be???

Back
Top Bottom