Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have ten ducklings now, should have at least a dozen more close to the end of the month. My runner/crested x is sitting on the eggs right now. My SS hen is also sitting on around two dozen eggs. I sure hope most of them hatch. I am not sure but I think my SS roo might be starting to get old enough to not be a potent when breeding, I have noticed a drop in fertility with my eggs.

ep.gif
I didn't know it was possible to go to a swap & come home with NOTHING!!!!

It takes a lot of talking yourself out of things. I have so many chicks, and grow outs. I got to see what I have, before I know what I will want. I usually go with started birds in the fall, if I buy adults. LOL

Anyone interested in a large fowl black cochin hen. She iist turned a year and is constantly broody. She hatched and raised a set of chicks for me beautifully but I'm not going to he hatching this year or next year. She isn't going to be happy until she has some chicks. Pm me if interested. I'm near harrisburg pa.

Gavin's so excited. He's been reading what to keep an eye out for on the pullets to indicate they may start laying. Well a few of the leghorn pullets' combs have been turning redder, so he's checking for eggs every morning. Even though I told him that they aren't due to start for another 2 weeks or so, at the earliest. ETA: I plan on beginning free choice oyster and egg shells next week.

Last edited:
Gavin's so excited. He's been reading what to keep an eye out for on the pullets to indicate they may start laying. Well a few of the leghorn pullets' combs have been turning redder, so he's checking for eggs every morning. Even though I told him that they aren't due to start for another 2 weeks or so, at the earliest. ETA: I plan on beginning free choice oyster and egg shells next week.

He isn't the only one! My LH are due in 2 + weeks too. I still keep checking.

I have to ask, what is on the bird in your avatar? Never saw a thing like that before...

Our Tractor supply stopped carrying chicks and ducks weeks ago. . Wish they still had some....
I was thinking the same thing for a few minutes. Then a smacked myself. I am still trying to figure out what to do with the chicks I have!
Are they 14 weeks now? I am hoping mine lay around 16 weeks. Not really expecting it, but so many people say theirs started then.

Was just wondering what everyone who went to the Sharpsburg Swap brought home? New birds? Etc?

I brought home two ss and two br ^^ also 2 doz marans eggs and an egg basket ^^ Sold all of my upcycled feed bag totes really early! Anyone wanna send me their empty polywoven feed bags?! I don't get through enough bags to keep up with orders xD for every 5 ya send me I'll send ya a completed tote! Lol :D hope everyone had a great weekend!

Back
Top Bottom