Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Pittsburgh, PA! I am looking to get my first pullets. Any suggestions on breeds I should look at?
welcome-byc.gif
westmoreland county here

Our Tractor supply stopped carrying chicks and ducks weeks ago. . Wish they still had some....

I was thinking the same thing for a few minutes. Then a smacked myself. I am still trying to figure out what to do with the chicks I have!
Gavin's so excited. He's been reading what to keep an eye out for on the pullets to indicate they may start laying. Well a few of the leghorn pullets' combs have been turning redder, so he's checking for eggs every morning. Even though I told him that they aren't due to start for another 2 weeks or so, at the earliest. ETA: I plan on beginning free choice oyster and egg shells next week. 

Are they 14 weeks now? I am hoping mine lay around 16 weeks. Not really expecting it, but so many people say theirs started then.

I haven't had a good hatch yet this year. The three chicks we did get to hatch, two of them got taken by a Fox ( including my favorite chick). So I am :fl that most of the eggs that my hen is sitting on will hatch.. I guess I just have to wait till the end of the month to find out..

Quote:
I'm not sure, but our cattle feed we get from the mill comes in those kinds of bags. Are they white? We either burn them or put them in the trash. I could send one to you. Sorry i don't know how to post pictures.

Back
Top Bottom