Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

well done! I need this so I can keep my White Faced Spanish! where did you get your roofing?

My husband is a carpenter and the roofing was leftover from a job. They order in bulk since they do commercial jobs. Not sure if Lowes and Home Depot sell something similar.

Quick update: He is still alive! I think this is somewhat good as it rules out anything really bad, from what I have read and have been told he would not have made it through the night, No one else, at least while I am typing this, has any symptoms. He eats somewhat by himself, as long as I hold him and put the really wet food on a spoon. So he is hungry and thirsty, just can't hold himself correct to eat himself. He peeps, and is energetic, If he could control his movements, I think he would walk backwards. ( flipped himself backwards out of the box).

Treatment: Vit E oil, SavAChick Electrolytes, Grower Crumble(extremely wet) Yogurt mixed in. 

Yay! Glad he is doing so well!

Love this! I need to see if I can build something similar for our Polish. My son is starting a small flock of "poof heads" as he calls them. He's 6, so he just had to have fancy chickens for himself.

I really want a polish and a frizzle! They are so cute!

ok, so..... one isbar didn't make it... and it was BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :hit  So my only cream leg bar pullet didn't make it AND my Blue Isbar didn't make it.....   Ugh....  :he

so tell me why I just ordered more eggs?

:( sorry they didn't make it. Hopefully this batch will do better.

My husband is a carpenter and the roofing was leftover from a job. They order in bulk since they do commercial jobs. Not sure if Lowes and Home Depot sell something similar.
Yay! Glad he is doing so well!
I really want a polish and a frizzle! They are so cute!
sad.png
sorry they didn't make it. Hopefully this batch will do better.
the cost of the good strong hard wire mesh is thru the roof.................has anyone found a way to get that stuff for less money?

I was calculating my costs and it almost seemed better to buy a ready made coop! Seemed weird to me that a DIY coop could not be less expensive!

I can obtain enough inexpensive or free wood............pretty sure about that............

so the bigger cost is the strong mesh! Anyone ever get rid of it on craigs list???

Re: Lebanon County Fair. Not sure if I'm interpreting the forms correctly but it looks like anyone (from PA) showing chickens there needs to have them vaccinated for laryngotracheitis within a year of, and more than 30 days prior to show -along with blood tests. AppleJack, I assume you would be covered there as this is also a requirement for the State Farm Show.

Oh yes I vaccinated them back in December so they are all good there, just need the bloodwork yet.. I'll just take them with me to work. I have good perks working for a vet. :)

the cost of the good strong hard wire mesh is thru the roof.................has anyone found a way to get that stuff for less money?

I was calculating my costs and it almost seemed better to buy a ready made coop! Seemed weird to me that a DIY coop could not be less expensive!

I can obtain enough inexpensive or free wood............pretty sure about that............

so the bigger cost is the strong mesh! Anyone ever get rid of it on craigs list???
The wire was a major expense for our new coop. I think for our run we are going to opt for chicken wire. We are going to be wrapping 10ft long pallets. The wood slats are spaced close enough to keep the day time preditors out the wire to keep the chickens in. We will lock them in there coop at night. Originally we wanted a hard wire fence too (still do) but totally cost prohibitive. Good luck finding it on Craigs list.

I had a thought. Call local scrap yards? Maybe they have some used wire..It will be a pain to straighten but perhaps you can get it cheaper. I don't know....the wire costs really surprised us as well.

Back
Top Bottom