Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Talk about a 'wishing you had a camera with you' moment.... DH went out back to check on some extra squawking he heard and found our lead roo facing off with a Ringneck pheasant roo behind the coop in the woods. The pheasant finally wised up to just how badly he was outsized and decided to move on without a battle. I just wish I would have gotten to see it!!

Talk about a 'wishing you had a camera with you' moment.... DH went out back to check on some extra squawking he heard and found our lead roo facing off with a Ringneck pheasant roo behind the coop in the woods. The pheasant finally wised up to just how badly he was outsized and decided to move on without a battle. I just wish I would have gotten to see it!!
that is cool, wish you would have seen it too!!!

Lisa! What a great job you've don,I love your coop, and I do not think that is fowl pox. Are you getting eggs yet?

LMP, your babies are beautiful, I just know you are smitten, all you need to complete the flock is an Olive Egger and an Easter Egger. :rolleyes:
:oops:

ChippysMom, I love penciled breeds, Georgia is a beauty, how will you convince your friend that she is not a namesake?

Who said that they have 3 month old BLRW? Can I get eggs from you when they start laying? I've got 4 girls and no boys.

Lisa and Anne great job on the coops.

Blarney I have the 3 month old BLRWs. I have no clue how to ship eggs. I got my BLRWs from PeakyBeaky. Love them more every day. I need to get some pictures but they don't like to stand still. Lol

call me old fashioned but I would much rather have a good bourbon or whiskey instead of beer.
Yeah I'm normally a liquor drinker, but once in a while I do like a beer. Normally it's Jack, Jim, Morgan or gin for me, although I do like apple pie, and the other varieties of the "pie" drinks. Gonna try to get the recipe offa someone I know and try making a batch next year. He uses everclear for his.

I like the variety packs but I wish they would not put the IPAs in them. I just don't like them. To me they taste like fermented grapefruit or an alcoholic Fresca.

I am leaning toward building. I can't justify $500 for a small 4 x 4 coop.
Yeah I'm not a fan of them usually, they taste too much like a wine cooler to me.

Yeah that sounds a bit much for that size, once in a while there are sheds in our free for free, or on craigslist for that or less. There was a free 10x12 shed in our paper a few weeks ago, but I couldn't figure out how to get it here.

Lisa! What a great job you've don,I love your coop, and I do not think that is fowl pox. Are you getting eggs yet?

LMP, your babies are beautiful, I just know you are smitten, all you need to complete the flock is an Olive Egger and an Easter Egger.
roll.png
hide.gif

ChippysMom, I love penciled breeds, Georgia is a beauty, how will you convince your friend that she is not a namesake?

Who said that they have 3 month old BLRW? Can I get eggs from you when they start laying? I've got 4 girls and no boys.
If you were closer I'd give ya one of the boys I had gotten off of Motorcyclechick. They're the nicest boys we have, but we need to rehome a few since we lowered the laying flock numbers. I'm looking everyone over, and the first to go will be the ones that we don't have hens for.

Not a good thing to have hanging around.... traps or other deterrent would be in order!

This!!! I am a bourbon or whiskey person without a doubt! And have enjoyed a few good moonshines too!
I wish the one guy I used to get moonshine off of still did it, that stuff was better than everclear. No burn, but it snuck up on ya. He stopped when he got married. His wife didn't like him making it, even though he did the whole time they were dating/engaged.
hu.gif

That would've been an interesting pic or video for sure.

Ok:

I'll raise you one kodak moment....today one of my two week old chicks jumped on mama's back for a ride....only about 8-10 steps before she jumped off...but I was amazed....

Ok:

I'll raise you one kodak moment....today one of my two week old chicks jumped on mama's back for a ride....only about 8-10 steps before she jumped off...but I was amazed....

That is one of the most adorable things to see in the world I think!! I carry my camera around constantly when they babies are little just hoping to catch them doing that. I do have a few pics of them sitting on their mom's back when she is sitting still, but haven't caught them going for a ride yet.... I just hope I have a camera when it does happen

LMP, your babies are beautiful, I just know you are smitten, all you need to complete the flock is an Olive Egger and an Easter Egger.
roll.png
hide.gif

Blarney-----I am not yet getting eggs from my 3 girls that are "of age" I am still getting eggs from my New Hampshire Red--Ramona. My 3 girls are at least 20 months of age...........maybe 24.....I am not entirely sure...........but they are eating the regular pellets now and I see them eating the oyster shell...................maybe any day now????

I sure hope that little black mark is no big deal.............

my coop is kinda funny because I did not do a good job leveling it..........and then I had a little help with the roof from my dad and he leveled the roof on top of an uneven coop............so when you look at pictures its sorta highlighted . I wonder if he would have just attached the roof at the same orientation as the coop if it might not have seemed more okay? Bottom line is the chickens are happy and it works well. I have a good size attic space under the roof that I have used for storing stuff. If we get some crazy artic weather................I might put a bag of leaves in the "attic" as a sort of insulation.

oops----I meant to say 20 WEEKS or 24 WEEKS ..............not months!

Lisa:

My marans are in that age range and haven't started laying yet...and my roo doesn't seem too interested in them either....I also have one SG Dorking that just doesn't lay....and the other Dork hasen't laid since she went broody a couple of months back...

My two cents....you need to chase that critter out of the area...not good to let him test your perimeter...want to rent one of my pooches?

Yea I fired some shots at it to scare the fox off. If I see it again I might aim at it. I don't believe in killing an animal unless I'm going to eat it, so maybe fox will be on the menu one day...

Back
Top Bottom