Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

This is a big problem now. My chickens were fine this am..i just checked this afternoon and found another dead hen the same way..its happening during the day now as well as night...i guess im going to have to move them..i just dont want them to stop laying as ive had them under lights and will not be able to continue that. Will they stop laying? If so will they lay again ever?

I got my first incubator in the mail today! I'm so excited to try it out!
celebrate.gif
How exciting!! What are you going to hatch your very first time?!
clap.gif

This is a big problem now. My chickens were fine this am..i just checked this afternoon and found another dead hen the same way..its happening during the day now as well as night...i guess im going to have to move them..i just dont want them to stop laying as ive had them under lights and will not be able to continue that. Will they stop laying? If so will they lay again ever?

pheasant lane.....we got a dusting of snow,,,look for tracks.....also, I'd have thought rats are night feeders....I'd put a pile of feed away from the coop and see if that doesn't draw the rats away,.....

another thought....I'd have thought during the daylight hours a chook could out run any rat...I'm perplexed!

pheasant lane.....we got a dusting of snow,,,look for tracks.....also, I'd have thought rats are night feeders....I'd put a pile of feed away from the coop and see if that doesn't draw the rats away,.....

another thought....I'd have thought during the daylight hours a chook could out run any rat...I'm perplexed!
Hmmm, traps and maybe a cheap trail camera also to try and get a shot of what the heck is going on. You can get them at Dicks SPorting Goods, also have seen them at TSC and I think Walmart.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the insight..nevver would i have thought rats..i was even as far as thinking a chupacabra..lmao..i still am distrought..now to figure out what to do..

if you go on youtube and type in weasel trap, it will show you how to make a wooden trap, that trap will also work as a rat trap or you can just buy a spring rat trap if you can put it somewhere where the chickens can't get to it, or other animals. hope this helps.

How exciting!! What are you going to hatch your very first time?! :clap

I'm not sure, I cant find hatching eggs close by here and was thinking of trying to hatch from my own flock the first time like a test hatch seeing as I have no clue as to really what I'm doing! I just need to get another thermometer and humidity one and then I can set it up!

Tractor Supply in York now has chicks and ducklings in stock.  They had red sex links, dark brahamas straight run and a bin of yellow chicks marked "Ameraucana pullets"  :/     I think they may be mis-marked.

The ducklings were cute little brown ones with brown feet ~ no breed listed.

At my TSC they had americana pullets that were chipmunk looking. They also had white ones. All of the white one had muffs. Most of the chipmunk ones did. They also had SLW (Straight Run) and red pullets.

Back
Top Bottom