Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

A little entertainment for all of you PA people.

0.jpg

Went to my 1st chicken swap at the Butler TSC today. It was cold and only about 8 folks brought livestock, but it was fun. Ended up getting 3 more ducks from TSC (Pekin this time), and then one of the ladies at the swap

told my daughter she could have this roo for free. I think she told me that he is a cross between a bantam sultan and a bantam frizzle. I messaged her to double check. He is so funny..... my daughter named him "Si" from Duck Dynasty.....lol

He is quite the looker. He kinds does look like Uncle Si lol.

Went to my 1st chicken swap at the Butler TSC today. It was cold and only about 8 folks brought livestock, but it was fun. Ended up getting 3 more ducks from TSC (Pekin this time), and then one of the ladies at the swap

told my daughter she could have this roo for free. I think she told me that he is a cross between a bantam sultan and a bantam frizzle. I messaged her to double check. He is so funny..... my daughter named him "Si" from Duck Dynasty.....lol

GR... my DH said your new little guy is cute and that a Sultan+Frizzle=Sizzle! He is looks very proud of himself! Congrats on the new addition!

My broody was supposed to hatch yesterday. I am completely stalking her now...and I hear Nothing! It's driving me crazy!!

Same here. I'm beginning to wonder if she's a fake. We candled her eggs on day 8 and found 12 of them to have growing babies so we know it's not the eggs. It's her second chance at brooding and hatching. Her first time she had 10 eggs, all fertile and non hatched, so it must be her.

I hate the last few days of broody hatches... I know it is neat to watch mama hen and all... but not being able to see what is going on is about enough to drive you to drink!

Hoping it works out for her this time!
fl.gif
My hen has finally hatched out seven chicks, but they all hatched on day 24 and 25. They seem to be strong healthy chicks.

Back
Top Bottom