Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Check this out!

http://m.wimp.com/stampededucks/

Is this Silkie's place by chance?
tongue.png
. Sorry!
smack.gif
I seen that video on Facebook. Holy crap that's alot of ducks!!! I told hubby at least we don't have that many chickens lol
hide.gif

I don't know if the name is different when you incubate them 15 days vs 18 days... maybe the name for it is different in her language. can you print off a picture from wickipedia to show her as an example?

That's a good idea. I will try that. Do I give her the eggs right out of the incubator or do I have to boil them or what? How much should I charge for them?

Different cultures will want about in different ways, you will need to find a way to communicate with this customer, I have a few that will only buy about done with duck eggs and a few that could care less what the egg came from but wants a certain number of days incubation.

I figured what I normally charge for a dozen eggs and added a couple of dollars since you do need to keep an eye on them and candle to make sure they did not quit growing in that shell.

sorry i am 100 posts behind right now, life can be so crazy busy! I have a question(s)....
Do any of you with-hold food from your meat birds before you process them?
And if you do, for how long..like 24 hours or would you feed them once in the AM??, presuming you would butcher in the evening..?
We are looking to process our birds Monday, any suggestions on this matter is appreciated, We were thinking of withholding at least from afternoon (sunday) ...then process Monday mid-morning.
We are just looking for the "cleanest" way to do this, but without stressing the birds..it's just not necessary.
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences!!

She wants the baby chickens in the shell 15 days old. At least that's what I understood. I really want/need a Korean translator lol. She knows I only have chicken eggs. I will try the Wikipedia link on the Belut eggs and see if that's what she wants. It's hard trying to get past the language barrier.

Hatch day was Wed. to Thurs. this week! I finally have a moment to post some pics! Thanks to Troyer and Chiques Chicks for the eggs! Of the 7 Americauna, 3 Easter Eggers, and 5 Swedish Flower Hens, we had a great hatch rate: Mama pushed 1 SFH out of the nest day 1 after I set them (I guess 15 was 1 too many); and the rest hatched except 1 A and 1 SFH. Not bad for me leaving for vacation and letting Mama do the work! Gotta love my Black Australorp! This was her second time hatching and she was a trooper!

To Troyer & Chiques: Do you think wing feather sexing has any chance of working on these babies? I observed all of them & made note of how they feathered but I know that's not a reliable method unless the breeding is set up correctly.

The bottom pic is the 3 SFH. They are so cute! Ok, they're all cute but I'm in love with the variety in the SFH breed! And of the Americauna, I was tickled to get a mix of lavendar and black.

sorry i am 100 posts behind right now, life can be so crazy busy!   I have a question(s)....
Do any of you with-hold food from your meat birds before you process them?
And if you do, for how long..like 24 hours or would you feed them once in the AM??, presuming you  would butcher in the evening..?
We are looking to process our birds Monday, any suggestions on this matter is appreciated, We were thinking of withholding at least from afternoon (sunday) ...then process Monday mid-morning. 
We are just looking for the "cleanest" way to do this, but without stressing the birds..it's just not necessary.
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences!!

I do not withhold food at all, I do not pull the crop, I cut it out at the same time as loosening it from the body.

Hatch day was Wed. to Thurs. this week! I finally have a moment to post some pics! Thanks to Troyer and Chiques Chicks for the eggs! Of the 7 Americauna, 3 Easter Eggers, and 5 Swedish Flower Hens, we had a great hatch rate: Mama pushed 1 SFH out of the nest day 1 after I set them (I guess 15 was 1 too many); and the rest hatched except 1 A and 1 SFH. Not bad for me leaving for vacation and letting Mama do the work! Gotta love my Black Australorp! This was her second time hatching and she was a trooper! To Troyer & Chiques: Do you think wing feather sexing has any chance of working on these babies? I observed all of them & made note of how they feathered but I know that's not a reliable method unless the breeding is set up correctly. The bottom pic is the 3 SFH. They are so cute! Ok, they're all cute but I'm in love with the variety in the SFH breed! And of the Americauna, I was tickled to get a mix of lavendar and black.
I would say you had a great hatch:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom