Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Here's a first! Anyone ever have their chickens find them jewelry? Just went out to given some treats and I thought I saw a screw outside of the shed. I picked it up so they wouldn't eat it and lo and behold it was a bracelet! It looks to be pretty old too. I have to clean it up and see.

So sorry to hear about the bad day Rose, hope you find whatever did this...

X3 on the chukar for Fisher Lady, I would be trying to catch that one.

Candle the 12 duck eggs that I got from CC's neighbor, all 12 are growing.

Final count on turkey looks like 4 and also had 4 Muscovy hatch today

Final thing for the day is caused by hubby....he told me that he was going shopping today after work, I thought nothing of this since shopping to him is buying a pair of boots twice a year, he is very low maintenance....

Imagine my shock when I went to do my walk thru after work at midnight and came across this.

Oh my! SWEET!!

Here's a first! Anyone ever have their chickens find them jewelry? Just went out to given some treats and I thought I saw a screw outside of the shed. I picked it up so they wouldn't eat it and lo and behold it was a bracelet! It looks to be pretty old too. I have to clean it up and see.

How cool! Clean it up and see what it turns into :)

Having a few issues with the broodies, they are fighting over the chicks, I lost a duckling that got caught in the middle of the fighting, so I took what seemed to be the calmest broody and put her in a large rabbit cage, gave her the chicks, at the time it was just the 4 turkey and a few ducks, ...well in the last 24 the rest of theducks keep hwatching, I keep putting them in with her as I find them........I hope I am not overloading her, she has 4 turkey and 11 ducks now.

This is the meany of the group, I had to get welding gloves out of the shop to handle her, she was not like this till after they started hatching,,,she charges me and draws blood.

Hope things calm down in the broody house after a few days

Can anyone read and translate Korean? I need help with the language barrier. The lady that buys my eggs wants chicks in eggs like 15 days. I'm not really sure if she wants eggs that developed for 15 and take them like that. If someone can help me I would appreciate that.

Having a few issues with the broodies, they are fighting over the chicks, I lost a duckling that got caught in the middle of the fighting, so I took what seemed to be the calmest broody and put her in a large rabbit cage, gave her the chicks, at the time it was just the 4 turkey and a few ducks, ...well in the last 24 the rest of theducks keep hwatching, I keep putting them in with her as I find them........I hope I am not overloading her, she has 4 turkey and 11 ducks now.

This is the meany of the group, I had to get welding gloves out of the shop to handle her, she was not like this till after they started hatching,,,she charges me and draws blood.

Hope things calm down in the broody house after a few days

Wing:

All the girls that have gone broody with me have all been hand fed and pampered by me.....when they pecked at me it was never an assault, more of a warning not to mess...she looks pretty determined to do her thing....maybe she needs to be in the rabbit cage with a few to settle her down....(just an alternate perspective)...I really dunno???

Stake, I may try that with some later hatches, I have some in the incubator that are due within a week or two, these one's are mixed breed eggs...

I just do not feel like I can trust her right now, and these scovies are important replacements for next spring..

Not a warning, this is a full fledge attack, I would put a rooster in the freezer for acting like she has been.

And , I thought it would be less stressful to let the broodies handle the hatching.:barnie

Can anyone read and translate Korean? I need help with the language barrier. The lady that buys my eggs wants chicks in eggs like 15 days. I'm not really sure if she wants eggs that developed for 15 and take them like that. If someone can help me I would appreciate that.

try google translate...................type in English and ask for Korean translation

Back
Top Bottom