Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey all:

Just got my chick fix at PickeringValleyFeed.....they have Delawares...(I think somebody on here was interested)...also picked up a bag of pellets....$6 more than TSC.....Some folks get bread and milk....I get feed....

FINALLY!!! I chickens and ducks are 2 years old...they NEVER lay in a nesting box. Well my "babies" that are inside laid in a carboard box. so i got the idea that maybe their nesting box I got from TSC isn't enough privacy since they seem to lay in the darkest corner. Well I got another box and put it in there and when i went in there this morning every egg that was laid was in the box! Except for 1. Which may be because the box was occupied. So I will be adding a second. Who would have though cardboard box?! Here is my inside hen who laid in the box. she is 20 weeks. Just happy that I dont have to deal with messy eggs now lol
if you are talking about those wooden boxes from TSC, mine will not use them either

Hey all:

Just got my chick fix at PickeringValleyFeed.....they have Delawares...(I think somebody on here was interested)...also picked up a bag of pellets....$6 more than TSC.....Some folks get bread and milk....I get feed....
never understood the bread and milk thing, but the feed I understand

if you are talking about those wooden boxes from TSC, mine will not use them either

yep those are the ones. I had 1 hen who would use it but thats it. seems like cardboard boxes is what they like. considering they are free, we'll use them :)i just tape the flaps out so that they are deeper. I am just happy after 2 years my ducks aren't laying in poop LOL

Hey all:

The feed mill here says that people buy it up like crazy before a storm. I buy when I feel like going down there, so I stock up and don't worry about storms, lol.

I worry about all my animals lol I make sure I have FF for the chickens and ducks, then i made sure i have enough food for the rabbit. then make sure i have dubia, worms, and collard greens for the bearded dragon, enough meat for the dogs, then i make sure i have enough food for me and my husband lol

Before storms I make sure I have enough dog food!!! Don't want two angry Rottweilers in my house lmao
have you ever considered a raw diet for them, I had newfoundlands so I know what it cost to feed dogs that size, I substituted a couple meals each week with raw......
I can start you in Rabbit if interested..

have you ever considered a raw diet for them, I had newfoundlands so I know what it cost to feed dogs that size, I substituted a couple meals each week with raw......
I can start you in Rabbit if interested..
I did. I brought it to hubby's attention and he said we couldn't have enough chickens and/or rabbits to keep them fed. I dunno. I worry about them getting all the vitamins they need too. They go through a 50 pound bag of food a month give or take a few days. I tried to talk hubby into meat bunnies for us. He doesn't think we can process their cute faces.

Back
Top Bottom