Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

you guy's distracted me from the question I had.

with the muddy, soggy garden the weeds are growing fast.. most are the one's I call red root...the birds are pulling them and eating them.  anyone know if this is bad for them

in my experience, the birds know what is bad for them. There is poke growing in my run, and they don't touch it. If you are taking about that stuff with the red stems that gets little white flowers, I think it is fine. May even be human edible.

with the muddy, soggy garden the weeds are growing fast.. most are the one's I call red root...the birds are pulling them and eating them.  anyone know if this is bad for them

Are you talking about blood root? Any chance you could snap a pic of it?

@Blarneyeggs my bf bought me a little tri-color nigerian dwarf buckling Wed!!! He's so stinking cute!!! He also got me a nubian/alpine cross doe in milk. She looks like a deer. The neighbors kept stopping & honking at her yesterday when I had her tied by the road...lol

Pics! :pop

Well, I had a decent hatch! Only two of the dozen or so eggs under the broodies hatched. I'm fine with that since fertility is still iffy on the bantams. I have a load of Wheaten/Blue Wheaten/Splash Wheaten chicks, some that I am going to sell as Easter Eggers because they have clean faces (anyone interested?). I actually hatched some bantam Cochins, too! I am so excited about them! I have some eggs from Wade Collins I paid over $100 for. I have 2 of his chicks out and 4 are still moving around in their shell. I have one of my own blues out, too! Some F2 chocolates and some chocolate mille b.cochins. Really, the bantam Cochins are all I really care about right now! In 2wks I'll worry about the spangled/mottled Orps.

@Blarneyeggs my bf bought me a little tri-color nigerian dwarf buckling Wed!!! He's so stinking cute!!! He also got me a nubian/alpine cross doe in milk. She looks like a deer. The neighbors kept stopping & honking at her yesterday when I had her tied by the road...lol

Unfortunately, my stupid phone won't let me upload to BYC & it's the only internet I have.
1f61e.png

I found it in one of the husband.s field books and they called it.red root pigweed

I found it in one of the husband.s field books and they called it.red root pigweed
Yes, that is a very common weed, it's actually an Amaranth and quite edible both by humans and livestock. I presume pigs especially like it, but no harm in feeding it the poultry. Another very common weed right now is lambsquarter, this is also edible by people.

Yes, that is a very common weed, it's actually an Amaranth and quite edible both by humans and livestock. I presume pigs especially like it, but no harm in feeding it the poultry. Another very common weed right now is lambsquarter, this is also edible by people.

Now I am gonna have to go researching to see what else I can use it for

silkie, you are spot on, and we have thought about walking away and never looking back...but at the same time. this is what defines us , it is what we do, has been our whole lives for many year's. while the other sibling's stood on the side lines and never broke a sweat..

let me add that they are also the well educated one's who play at the country club with their lawyer friends, and they look at us as being dumb as dirt..husband never went to college, he farmed right out of high school

my two cents...your attorney will level the playing field right quick, its ok to get ****** off .....kick some tucas.....(might feel good too)

Back
Top Bottom