Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

@Just Ducky10, knowing mallards, he might also have made a getaway. I had a rescue mallard for a while (he came in with a group from the local wildlife rescue who identified him as a domestic, and like yours was probably dumped). Mine wasn't happy with my other birds and made a break for it in October. Your new buddy may be a runaway, too.

I really hate the idea of someone dropping them off, although I know it happens all the time. Maybe I'll just pretend you found the inappropriately named Mrs. Norris and offered him a loving home ;)

Wow, the Welbars do look like BFs. Do you have photos of their eggs?

I realized that I don't. Nor any comparison shots with Welsummers and BCM's. Tonight is when I set eggs, so I will setup some shots as I sort the eggs for setting.
I'm still trying out this website with pages and I'm not sure what all the capabilities are yet.

Hi PA friends! My name is Lauren and I'm in the philly suburbs (bucks co). My kids and I just worked on an incubation project and just had a successful hatch with some beautiful chicks. You all are way better with breed names but we have assorted silkies/porcelain D'Uccles/Belgian quail D'anver/mottled and frizzle Cochin. Is anyone looking to add to their coop with any of these breeds? Let me know!
2764.png
1f414.png
2764.png
1f414.png

Hi PA friends! My name is Lauren and I'm in the philly suburbs (bucks co). My kids and I just worked on an incubation project and just had a successful hatch with some beautiful chicks. You all are way better with breed names but we have assorted silkies/porcelain D'Uccles/Belgian quail D'anver/mottled and frizzle Cochin. Is anyone looking to add to their coop with any of these breeds? Let me know!
2764.png
1f414.png
2764.png
1f414.png

Hi and welcome from Cambria county! There are alot of people out your way. I'm probably at least 5 hours from you lol. Congratulations on your hatch!

2764.png
1f414.png
2764.png
1f414.png

Welcome to the group here. I'm in Chester County.
From Bucks, you might want to put this into the NJ thread also.

What type of incubator did you use? Where did you get your eggs? And what percentage of the eggs hatched?

Set my first batch of eggs for the season. 160 total for the chicken. 40 are mine & the rest came from a friend. I'll be splitting the hatch with another friend. Quail eggs will go in Monday so everyone hatches together. I already have 79 collected & get 4-6 each day so should have 90-100 to set by Monday night.

Back
Top Bottom