Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Lemme see: over 100 chicks already booted to the grow out pens, 9 ducklings, 40 quail in the pen, 40 quail in the indoor brooder, 25 broad breasted poults in outdoor brooder, 7 hertiage poults inside, 1 gosling & another 40 chicks in 2 brooders.
The incubator has a few more turkey & a goose in this hatch, 40 geese due the 4th; 150 ee/oe, 25 assorted bantam, 40 heritage turkey & 3 geese set last week and almost 150 quail going in tonight.

A litter of 5 kittens in my daughter's room.

Oh, and bottle feeding 3 baby goats.

It's a bit busy round here.

Good to hear things are going well...goats too....next thing, you'll be selling cheese???

Take care SS....

Not the best picture but a sneak peak at Ana and a couple of her babies :)

Glad to see she is doing good with them...is Elsa still setting or did she get huffy enough about the disturbance to quit.

SS, we haven't seen Wingstone in a long time either.
Glad you dropped in! Are you settled in your new place then?

I'm currently in town & my critters are up the road at a friend's farm. I'm supposed to go look at a house Sun where all of my critters are welcome.
Wing is on facebook daily. Sally Sunshine knows wherr to find me too.
1f609.png

Lemme see: over 100 chicks already booted to the grow out pens, 9 ducklings, 40 quail in the pen, 40 quail in the indoor brooder, 25 broad breasted poults in outdoor brooder, 7 hertiage poults inside, 1 gosling

Good to hear things are going well...goats too....next thing, you'll be selling cheese???

Take care SS....

Actually, my daughter who is going to school for culinary arts is the 1 looking to make goat cheese...lol All of my extra milk goes to her, especially since she is allergic to pasteurized cow's milk. My oldest son is too.

Glad to see she is doing good with them...is Elsa still setting or did she get huffy enough about the disturbance to quit.

She's still setting but she and Honey ended up switching nests. I guess they didn't like the upset and thought that switching nests would solve the problem lol.

Wish I could swap my kids that easily sometimes...bwahahaha

Hello all .......Quick question this evening, All my chicks go in the coop by themselves,after a rough firstime night, now when they go in for the night only 4 out of 8 use the roost. Will the other 4 eventually figure it out, or are they destined to sleep in the hay?

Hello all .......Quick question this evening, All my chicks go in the coop by themselves,after a rough firstime night, now when they go in for the night only 4 out of 8 use the roost. Will the other 4 eventually figure it out, or are they destined to sleep in the hay?

They will figure it out, just make sure there are plenty of roost choices or space so bullies don't keep the most timid ones from finding a place.

They will figure it out eventually. Only my silkies & sizzles typically sleep on the floor.

Happens every time!
Me too!
Just a question, are you and chaos18 dating? It just seems to be very friendly conversation. I'm kind of slow on the uptake...
big_smile.png
hide.gif
. You can tell me to mind my own business too.
big_smile.png
Mind your own business
lol.png
No we aren't. We are chicken friends who have kids almost the same age..........and chickens ..........and ducks..........and are both married to other peoples.

LOL! I've warned him that someone would think that! Neither one of us is offended by that. We started talking about two months ago when he realized that his youngest and my niece whom I'm basically raising are two weeks apart. He is very happily married, and I would never cheat on my husband.
We do like to tease each other, and that's it.
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom