Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thanks DH, my order is in. I had already planned to fit a biscuit tin with an incandescent bulb and heat a plastic bucket of water from below. I've put so much work into my set up, $20 for a waterer is not much for peace of mind so I shelled out and scrapped the potential fire hazard.
You absolutely won't regret it. I put out 13 of them at the farm this weekend. I still have about 8 or 9 left to double up in the pens where they drink all the water between visits.

Set 89 eggs today for the hatch-a-long.

26 Cream Legbars
38 Welbars
1 Bieldfelder
1 California Grey
23 Ameraucanas (5 Black, 9 Silvers, 5 Black/Lavender split, 4 bantam Lavenders)

Hoping to have a lot of chicks hatching on New Year's Day.

[COLOR=333333]Set 89 eggs today for the hatch-a-long.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]26 Cream Legbars[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]38 Welbars[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]1 Bieldfelder[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]1 California Grey[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]23 Ameraucanas (5 Black, 9 Silvers, 5 Black/Lavender split, 4 bantam Lavenders)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Hoping to have a lot of chicks hatching on New Year's Day.[/COLOR]

Wow, what a first hatch of the year! I only set 14!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1143447/se-pa-pottsown-well-behaved-flock-roosters-and-cockerels

Hey all!! apologies for segway in. I know roos belong in rehome, etc. Just that, I know people who can have them, sometimes have a hard time finding a nice one. So just a quick post, Ill take them to the sale next week.

None of these boys has ever looked at me or the kids sideways!!!!

Great flock watchdogs! Friendly, well mannered. Great with hens, chicks and fine around humans and children. Also, not all day long crowers!!!

Mille Fleur D'Uccle X Tolbunt Polish Named: Wesley- **** hatched under broody overnight, found in the am out from under mama, basically limp cold and dead, actually too limp, no rigor. Almost put him in the trash. Warmed in my hand, massaged him and he twiched a bit and took a breath. Then put him on heat pad. in 3 hours, up and peeping! Gave him back to his momma that night. So year later, I have a lovely roo that just can't go to the pot!

(Frizzle)Mille Fleur D'Uccle/Tolbunt Polish frizzle. Low on totem pole, only seen him crow once!!

Ameraucana(Blehm line)X Breda - BIG beautiful boy! Named: Ron Swanson

Easter Egger cross cockerels:

Ameraucana (Blehm line)X Breda (Cuckoo)

(2)Ameraucana(Blehm line) X D'Uccle

Experienced Predator proof homes please.

Thank you.

Edited by alibabba - 11/29/16 at 9:43am

ReplyQuoteMulti

Post a ReplyStart a New Thread

Last edited:
Cute pictures of the day. First some silkied lavender Ameraucanas (with photobombing by a Cali Grey and Silver Welbar).

Now for the bantam Lavender Ameraucanas. At 3:00 in the afternoon, they are already set for the night.

I'll be having eggs from my own silkies hatching in a few days they all are growing I havnt had to get rid of any of the eggs due to being infertile or early death and all have really good veining. Will post pics when they hatch.

Cute pictures of the day. First some silkied lavender Ameraucanas (with photobombing by a Cali Grey and Silver Welbar). Now for the bantam Lavender Ameraucanas. At 3:00 in the afternoon, they are already set for the night.
They are all so pretty! Mine are also tucking themselves in by 3pm too. The oldest ones anyway. I guess they figure it's too cold to be outside anyway. I've only been getting like 1 egg a day. 2 if I'm lucky.

Back
Top Bottom