Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Wow, I just thought they were inbreeds, haha! I'm not upset though, they're so gorgeous. Just annoyed I overpaid for them. When I saw them, I wasn't happy that they had black on their feathers, but the lady's kids were selling them and were so excited. I did it for the children! :lol:

I just googled them and I think you are definitely right. Now I have several types of turkeys, how cool.

With turkeys, they're pretty much ask the same, just different colors. You can cross all kinds of colors and get all kinds of things out of them lol. If you have a palm tom, breeding to mottled black will give you both palms and mottled. My bronze hen Pebbles was hatched from a Narri mixed hen and who knows who dad was and my red bronze, Sweet Pea, is a cross between bourbon red and eastern wild :) You can have fun with it.

I will be playing with turkey colors next spring since I have a young narri, a blue penciled palm, and a blue slate in the mix now :)

Today was the first day that the Ayam Cemani were allowed out to free range with the rest of the crew. Last night I put them in the coop so everyone would wake up together. I think they stayed pretty close, and kept to themselves.

I was so delighted when they hopped eight in the coop with everybody else with no problems. The one girl even roosted right next to my big Tom!

That's awesome! I just moved my Ayan cemani and the shamo I got from Dennis out to the coop yesterday. They're seperated at the moment but only for the next few days. The Cemanis are still really rather small but they're old enough to go out.

I did a lot of rearranging yesterday. I moved the young chickens to the coop, removed my serama hen from quarentine and put her in with the others, and moved the turkey poults out to the turkey coop. Everyone needs to go where they need to be before winter! The only ones I'm going to have trouble with I think are these meaty mixes. They're growing fast, I just hope I can get them outside before the cold really hits.

With turkeys, they're pretty much ask the same, just different colors. You can cross all kinds of colors and get all kinds of things out of them lol. If you have a palm tom, breeding to mottled black will give you both palms and mottled. My bronze hen Pebbles was hatched from a Narri mixed hen and who knows who dad was and my red bronze, Sweet Pea, is a cross between bourbon red and eastern wild :) You can have fun with it.

I will be playing with turkey colors next spring since I have a young narri, a blue penciled palm, and a blue slate in the mix now :)

That's awesome! I just moved my Ayan cemani and the shamo I got from Dennis out to the coop yesterday. They're seperated at the moment but only for the next few days. The Cemanis are still really rather small but they're old enough to go out.

I did a lot of rearranging yesterday. I moved the young chickens to the coop, removed my serama hen from quarentine and put her in with the others, and moved the turkey poults out to the turkey coop. Everyone needs to go where they need to be before winter! The only ones I'm going to have trouble with I think are these meaty mixes. They're growing fast, I just hope I can get them outside before the cold really hits.
Crossing Midget Whites into the Royal Palms and Mottled Blacks (accidentally) is how I ended up with Silver Dappled turkeys. My favorite hen, Clarese, is a silver dappled. I like to think there are no "mutts" in turkeys, it seems like Kevin Porter has put a name and picture to every color possible. It helps that turkeys only have colors (and maybe size) to consider, no feathered legs, crests, muffs, etc.

Good to know about the turkeys! Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. My weekend will be busy too, mostly consisting of getting my chicken/turkey area set up, and getting a good roof on my run for the winter. I just took my chainsaw to be sharpened, so if I can get that back today, I will be sawing up all of the trees that fell down in my animal area.

Crossing Midget Whites into the Royal Palms and Mottled Blacks (accidentally) is how I ended up with Silver Dappled turkeys. My favorite hen, Clarese, is a silver dappled. I like to think there are no "mutts" in turkeys, it seems like Kevin Porter has put a name and picture to every color possible. It helps that turkeys only have colors (and maybe size) to consider, no feathered legs, crests, muffs, etc.

That's awesome, do you have any pics of her?

Just got a message from Facebook, no animals in the marketplace. Oh well it was worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion
Not in the marketplace, but in the chicken groups on FB, you can get away with this by clever wording, like this person's post:
Hello everyone
1f642.png
:) I have some lovely fall leaves for sale. Each leaf costs $15.00 or I would be willing to trade. Each leaf will come with a free chicken! Now is that a great deal or what? Not only will you be helping me clean up my yard, but thin my flock as well!! If your interested in trading for a leaf (dont forget that free chicken!) I would love to have a rock (and a free chicken). Sorry I collect rocks not leaves. I will post pictures and descriptions in the comments of the leaves I am selling and the chicken that you will get free!

Not in the marketplace, but in the chicken groups on FB, you can get away with this by clever wording, like this person's post:
Hello everyone
1f642.png
:) I have some lovely fall leaves for sale. Each leaf costs $15.00 or I would be willing to trade. Each leaf will come with a free chicken! Now is that a great deal or what? Not only will you be helping me clean up my yard, but thin my flock as well!! If your interested in trading for a leaf (dont forget that free chicken!) I would love to have a rock (and a free chicken). Sorry I collect rocks not leaves. I will post pictures and descriptions in the comments of the leaves I am selling and the chicken that you will get free!

:yuckyuck :lau That is hilarious!

So I took a few week hiatus right after joining because I could not get off these boards. :tongue

My new babies are 4 weeks old now and we have been busy getting the back of our garage ready to be the larger coop area. I will post pics of everyone as soon as I catch up in this thread!

Well hell. We heard squeeky teenage crow yesterday. Either Hippie or Barb(ecue). Dammit. Anita is looking boyish also. So much for the baby wing feather sexing method.
I DO NOT NEED FOUR ROOS!

Back
Top Bottom