Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Talk about pitiful.... one of our Silver Pencils is molting, normally not a crisis but she does it mid winter and she is a horrible molter. She did the same last year but it wasn't anywhere near as cold.
Hubby went out to close up coops and do a final check on birds, we had talked about her just a short while before... he came back in a bit later with her under his coat. Said she was shivering and wouldn't leave her favorite roost spot for the heat lamp we had set up close by for her.
So she will get to spend her nights inside for a few days till a few of her feathers fill in or it is above 15 in the coop for her.
20171226_191410.jpg
20171226_190745.jpg
20171226_191328.jpg

No, the city declared a state of emergency. Many cars were stuck and plows could not keep up with the snow. We're lucky we have a dependable truck. We are expected to get another foot of snow tonight/tomorrow. :th

Yea, you guys got hammered up there. We only ended up with just under a foot south of you but it looks like we may get more before it's done. I doubt we'll catch up to you in amount of snowfall! Stay safe and toasty warm! Looks like :old winter is here to stay now for a few weeks.

Talk about pitiful.... one of our Silver Pencils is molting, normally not a crisis but she does it mid winter and she is a horrible molter. She did the same last year but it wasn't anywhere near as cold.
Hubby went out to close up coops and do a final check on birds, we had talked about her just a short while before... he came back in a bit later with her under his coat. Said she was shivering and wouldn't leave her favorite roost spot for the heat lamp we had set up close by for her.
So she will get to spend her nights inside for a few days till a few of her feathers fill in or it is above 15 in the coop for her.
View attachment 1219095 View attachment 1219096 View attachment 1219098

Poor girl! I can't imagine being stuck out in the cold, especially naked like that! You realy should go enter her in the worst molt contest. I think she's the worst one I've seen!

No, the city declared a state of emergency. Many cars were stuck and plows could not keep up with the snow. We're lucky we have a dependable truck. We are expected to get another foot of snow tonight/tomorrow. :th

I can't even imagine that amount of snow! Around here, we'd be snowed in for weeks if we were hit with that. Stay safe out there!

Yea, you guys got hammered up there. We only ended up with just under a foot south of you but it looks like we may get more before it's done. I doubt we'll catch up to you in amount of snowfall! Stay safe and toasty warm! Looks like :old winter is here to stay now for a few weeks.

I can't even imagine that amount of snow! Around here, we'd be snowed in for weeks if we were hit with that. Stay safe out there!

And it's still snowing here! But we're alright. This is more than we are used to but we get around okay. Just shovel through it! It's real pretty though! Thankfully I work from home so I can stay nice and warm! Just gotta venture out to the chicken coop occasionally to give them fresh water. They seem alright but they won't dare walk in the snow. I don't blame them! :confused:

Poor girl! I can't imagine being stuck out in the cold, especially naked like that! You realy should go enter her in the worst molt contest. I think she's the worst one I've seen!

I just grabbed those pics with my tablet, I will have DH snap some better ones tomorrow (I will be at work) . I didn't know the contest was still active.

Wow! Hope you all are staying safe with lots of backup supplies and warm blankets!

View attachment 1219095 View attachment 1219096 View attachment 1219098

That is definitely the worst I have seen! I though my Cali Gray was bad. Yours could definitely win the contest. Photo shoot time! Can you post a picture of her normal fluffy butt for comparison?

And it's still snowing here! But we're alright. This is more than we are used to but we get around okay. Just shovel through it! It's real pretty though! Thankfully I work from home so I can stay nice and warm! Just gotta venture out to the chicken coop occasionally to give them fresh water. They seem alright but they won't dare walk in the snow. I don't blame them! :confused:

I don't blame them either especially now that it's starting to get really cold! It looks like it's not going to get out of the mid-teens temperature wise for a few days and it's supposed to be below 0 next week at some point. At least any snow we get then will be dry and fluffy as opposed to heavy and wet like it was a few days ago!

Back
Top Bottom