Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quick question, does anyone in this thread breed birds that are likely to go broody? I don't need one right now but for my next batch of chicks I'm thinking of hatching under one. Thanks!
I breed Silkies. They always go broody. The trick is keeping them non broody. I only have chicks at the moment
20200225_112846.jpg

Our school district went completely online today to make sure the kids don't get behind. I bet more schools will follow soon. It worked out well today. My daughter was done with everything in 2 hours and my son had most done within 2 hours and a zoom meeting. I'm assuming work will increase for them though once everyone gets comfortable with the online system. Here's the kids working on their school work (high school and middle school)

View attachment 2068662View attachment 2068664

I have silkie feathered Easter eggers if you're open to chicks :)

Silkie feathered Easter egger chicks available here. Several of the mothers have gone broody already. They're less than a year old. Here's one, sharing a nest with Cynthia the turkey :)

View attachment 2068665
Online study is very challenging for kindergarteners. Plus, he wants to play with his friends. i'm hoping this can be under control by end of April or even May, so he can go back to school before summer even just for a couple of weeks.

I got approval for two more pullets, not anymore. :oops: So I'll wait for the ameraucana pullet plus whatever an other pullet availabel atthe same time.

IMG_0980.JPG

This is Dragon (named by my 6yr old), she is one of the legbar chicks from Dennis. she is only 2 week old. Everytime I strech my arm out and call her, she flys or jump to my arm and walk up to sit on my shoulder. The other legbar, Winnie-the-pooh, and oliver egger, Boo (again named by my 6yr old), also like to roost on my arm. All my girls are supper friendly, but the legbars seems loving to spend time with humans more. The welbars will let me pet them but have no interest to be hold.

Online study is very challenging for kindergarteners. Plus, he wants to play with his friends. i'm hoping this can be under control by end of April or even May, so he can go back to school before summer even just for a couple of weeks.

I got approval for two more pullets, not anymore. :oops: So I'll wait for the ameraucana pullet plus whatever an other pullet availabel atthe same time.

I have a couple ameraucana eggs in the bator now. They finally started giving me a few eggs sporadically :)

Back
Top Bottom