Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

@OneMountainAcres
I had thought that also, you could make some extra money and your skills are definitely up to it!

Are the swaps at TSC cancelled since the shut down?

I have someone coming this afternoon to buy 12 hens and at least 1 rooster. She was a member on here years ago and previously took one of my roosters for her flock and she absolutely loved the fellow. He passed from old age and she let the hens go then also for a year or so but she is wanting birds again.
I have to drastically reduce my numbers because DH may be needing a surgery soon and I will probably need to move our flock to our barn property over in Clarion county for an extended stay while we deal with the medical recovery. Ideally I want to get down to under 20 adults.

Yes, the swaps are cancelled like everything else :/ I was really looking forward to it this year too :(

I hope all is ok with your DH and if surgery is necessary, it goes smoothly with easy recovery!

As soon as I get caught up on all my chores this morning, I'll check out the mask thing and see how it goes. I do have plenty of elastic lol

Yes, the swaps are cancelled like everything else :/ I was really looking forward to it this year too :(

I hope all is ok with your DH and if surgery is necessary, it goes smoothly with easy recovery!

As soon as I get caught up on all my chores this morning, I'll check out the mask thing and see how it goes. I do have plenty of elastic lol
Thank you, we have an appointment with a cardiothoracic surgeon tomorrow, we should have at least a partial idea of what is going on after that. It is just a scary time to have to deal with a major surgery and with my job it is getting more and more stressful because beyond normal concerns I am terrified of bringing this home to him and causing complications. I may have to take a leave of absence depending on the surgeons advice... but again, everything is up in the air till we get questions answered tomorrow. :hmm

If I have more inquiries about birds I will text you to see what you have available if they are looking for something I dont have. I will probably be advertising my teens soon on Penn's woods or CL.

I have chicks hatching in Chester County, if you don't want to do mail order. My website is welbars.com. I "specialize" in colored egg layers, and breeds/hybrids that can be sexed easily when hatched.
What do you have in hatching in the next few weeks? I am assuming 50/50 that my mail order will be canceled (or partially cancelled, which would render it useless, since the high cost is in the shipping).

I admit I ordered my chicks in part based on cuteness. I did the same thing with my red standard poodle...
kepler_hairy.jpg

I ordered from MPC:
1 Heritage Barred Plymouth
1 Golden laced Wyandott
2 Polish assortment
1 Buff brahma

I know the polish may give me issues but they reminded me of my poodle -- so cute. I figure at least one will be a roo and will have to be rehomed.

What do you have in hatching in the next few weeks? I am assuming 50/50 that my mail order will be canceled (or partially cancelled, which would render it useless, since the high cost is in the shipping).
Sent you a PM with the list and prices. The ones I sell as females I guarantee will be females. For "cuteness" you want Cream Legbars and Cochin bantams. Legbars have a poofy crest, not as large as polish, so they can see perfectly fine. Cochins are just soft balls of fluff that love to go broody and make good mothers if you are so inclined. Both are the ultimate chickens for pets, IMO. Though my breeder Welbar hens also mob me when I go into their pen. And I should probably mention the Marans, even though I can't sex those chicks. The only hen I have now on the entire farm that will fly up and sit on my arm is a black copper marans that is very treat-motivated.

Back
Top Bottom