Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ugh I just paid $140 for grandpa's feeder in order to restrict the voles, squirrels and chipmunks. Grandpa claims that this feeder helps with pecking order issues, but it seems to have exacerbated them. One issue is that the crested legbar is the only one entirely comfortable using the treadle, and so this now gives her the power control feeding. I also have an open dish for feeding where there is tons of space to fit at least 4 chickens. Nevertheless they peck the poor olive egger. Then I have a third backup feeder. But no one likes to use it for some reason.

I don't think I am adept enough to make that nice feeder you made Tillypeeps. Ever since I severely and probably permanently injured my hand while making the electric fence, I have been a bit reluctant to engage in activities that involve power tools.

Hello fellow Pennsylvanians.....just happened upon this thread.... I’m from Bucks County.... just outside of Philadelphia.... this is my first winter with chickens....4 white leghorns (all township allows) ... i was just wondering what folks in our area do to winterize the runs...i basically want to keep snow out and protect from wind

Back
Top Bottom