Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have too many extention cords running to/through the coops....:oops: lol
Since the electricity was cut to the coop by that :rant landscaper, I’ve been doing without a heated waterer out there. The chickens got a rubber bowl and homemade base (don’t know where the bases are). This might be the year I too use extension cords for them. It’s supposed to be bad.

Anyone wanna see some funky chickens? This past summer Dennis (@dheltzel) gave me some Silkie/Cochin hybrids, which are totally adorable. Their chicks apparently are always barred (various patterns), and I THINK the down color is sex-linked, I just haven’t hatched enough to be sure yet. This 2 are the only ones I have grown out myself so far (the others were given to friends), and they both have these amazing crested head feathers! #1 pic (Blossom) is (I think) a cockerel and was born with charcoal colored down and a large white head spot. #2 pic (Pepper) is a pullet and likely Blossom’s 1/2 sister, I think Blossom’s mother was pure Silkie, and Pepper’s mother 1/2 Silkie 1/2 Cochin. Pepper was white with black wing-tips when hatched. #3 pic is their father Bud, whom Dennis guessed was 3/4 Cochin 1/4 Silkie. He has a bit of head fluff but nothing like his kids! I’ve never seen crested Cochins before, I’m so excited! 🥰

4B2D46A2-1538-4215-A3A6-CE20735B1ECA.jpeg

7D9C8C19-1C10-40C4-A933-6B079E29ABC0.jpeg

CF5BD7E2-8142-4D73-A8EA-D1D11DA1AC77.jpeg

I didn’t realize Erie was so warm. :eek:
I checked two other places, and all three (mine and the other two) are saying around a foot of snow. Poor children can’t even get a snow day! :lau

Back
Top Bottom