Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thanks everyone. It is hard to lose a pet chicken, but it's a part of the chicken keeping. I have a feeling that Henny died from Marek too since other chickens are all ok, but only Penn State lab will give me the final answer.

I am so sorry, it is so frustrating when there are so few places to turn for help. Hopefully the necropsy will provide more definitive answers and perhaps pursue the vet appointment (even if done virtually) to help establish a relationship with the vet so you can have a game plan in place for future emergencies.

I was thinking about to take my chickens for a general check up with Dr. Becky Remeika at Town & Country Animal Hospital, since she is the only vet has experience with chickens in the area. She was booked up for next several weeks, but it may worth totry.

Thanks everyone. It is hard to lose a pet chicken, but it's a part of the chicken keeping. I have a feeling that Henny died from Marek too since other chickens are all ok, but only Penn State lab will give me the final answer.
So sorry for your loss. Let us know. I am wondering if Jane had Marek's as well since I had it in my flock a couple of years ago.

Penn State just called me for the initial diagnosis. They found tumors in her lung and liver and no sign of other disease or parasite, so most likely Henny just died from Marek. They are still do the full panel analysis of virus and bacteria infections and will send me the final report in a few days.

Penn State just called me for the initial diagnosis. They found tumors in her lung and liver and no sign of other disease or parasite, so most likely Henny just died from Marek. They are still do the full panel analysis of virus and bacteria infections and will send me the final report in a few days.
It’s good to know at least.

Here is her initial diagnosis report:
1611690812881.png

1611690983503.png

Poor Henny, she basicly lost her lung function. That explained why she was struggled to breath yesterday. And she did have coccidiosis, even though I already treated her with Corid for several days.

I'm surprised that they could find mealworms in her crop. She didn't eat mealworms for at least 4 days. The "wet feed " in her crop is baby bird formula. The last time she ate corn was Friday.

Back
Top Bottom